St. Mark's Extravaganza: Saint Mark's Basilica & Doge's Palace
Walking around an open air museum. Skip the line combined tour
On this essential Venice guided walking tour, you will be intrigued by the fascinating history of La Serenissima and discover what it is like to live in this unique city.
Walking around this open air museum our informative guide will take you to the external sights of Saint Marks square, the Doges palace, the Sansovino library, the Bell tower, the incredible legends of the Clock tower and the Bridge of sighs and its adjoining prisons. You will discover the extraordinary architectural master pieces and why they were built that way.
The tour starts under the arches in front of the Correr Museum in Saint mark's Square in the center of Venice ( look for the orange umbrella!). There are a lot of transportation option from the cruise port to the center of Venice.
Learn how Venice lost out on the trade routes and when the new World was discovered , leaving Venice medieval forever.(avoiding the public queues with our special pass) We enter inside Saint Marks Basilica, which majestically symbolizes the lagoon and enshrines the city’s history and Saints relics. With its awe – inspiring gold mosaics our talented guide will walk you through to one of the main highlights of the Saint Marks Basilica, the “Pala d’Oro” (Golden altar), with masterpieces by generations of Venetian Goldsmiths, universally recognized as one of the most refined and accomplished works of Byzantine craftsmanship and the most precious treasure in the Saint Marks Basilica.
Take advantage of our expert guide, hear anecdotes about this remarkable city and its historical characters, Casanova, Marco Polo to name two. This walk is an absolute must for the first time visitor, leaving you knowing so much more about this not so practical but precious city.
- 2-Hour combination walking tour of Saint Marks Basilica & the Doges Palace
- Skip the line tickets!! Avoid the public queues with our special pass
- Visit the Golden altar and cross over the bridge of Sighs
- Pass through the new prisons of the Doges palace
- Fully licensed English speaking guide
- Live guide in English
- Audio headset while more than 10 pax on group
- Entrance fees to the Pala D'oro
- Skip the line and entrance fees into Saint Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- Optional gratuities
- Port pick up and drop off
- Food and drink
- Does not include the upper floor of the Basilica
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Maximum group size is 25 people
- This activity operates rain or shine
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- This is a combination tour and we do not stop between tours
- Our assistant will be holding an orange umbrella and a sign with the name of the tour so she is easy to find
- On very few occasions Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed due to religious ceremonies, public holidays, private events or high water and we are not always informed in advance. The Basilica and the Square will be done externally only and the Doge's Palace will be 1-hour and 30 minutes; total length of tour (Basilica Doge's Palace) 2 hours
- Departure Times: Monday - Saturday 11.15 AM
- Departure Times: Sunday 14.00 PM