Classic Gondola Ride
Take our enchanting shared gondola tour and glide through centuries of history
Take our enchanting shared gondola tour and glide through centuries of history, allowing yourself to be captivated by the glamour and elegance of the Venetian Palazzi. The perfect way to appreciate the beauty, charm and colour of this unique city built on water, you will be enthralled by what surrounds you.
The tour starts at Gondola Park of Santa Maria del Giglio, next to the hotel Gritti Palace in the center of Venice (look for the orange umbrella!). There are a lot of transportation option from the cruise port to the center of Venice.
Relax and enjoy the romantic tranquillity of the Serenissima, unlock the secrets of Venice and her intriguing labyrinth of canals. Feel part of an ancient Venetian tradition and experience Venice as the locals have for more than a thousand years. Once upon a time the most noble and wealthy of families would have travelled around by gondola - the slightly eccentric Peggy Guggenheim was the last person to have her own private gondola in the 1960's.
On this unique exploration of the Venetian canals, unwind and relax into the gentle rhythms and movements of the Grand Canal, appreciating the skill involved in steering the gondola through the intricate waterways of the city. As you sit back and take in the views, you will inevitably become involved in the friendly banter of the gondoliers - as much a part of Venetian culture as the gondola itself! This charming tour will take you one step closer to the romantic facades of Venice and will enable you to understand what it was to be truly Venetian.
The cost of our shared gondola ride makes this experience in Venice really affordable. No overcrowded boats, we allow maximum 6 people per gondola.
This charming classic gondola tour in Venice will take you one step closer to the romantic facades of Venice and will enable you to understand what it was to be truly Venetian.
- Simplicity and elegance
- Wonderful photo opportunities
- Great value
- Gondola ride along the minor canals and the Grand Canal
- Traditional gondola ride with gondolier
- 30 minutes shared Gondola ride
- Pick up from a centrally located meeting point
- 30 minute shared Gondola ride steered by Gondolier
- The gondola ride is not a guided tour
- Port pick-up and drop-off
- Shared gondola with max. 6 people per gondola
- Designated seating arranged by Gondolier due to balance of boat
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- This activity is not suitable if you have limited mobility
- Bring an umbrella in case of rain, these are not provided
- The tour will not operate in the event of bad weather, high tide or gondoliers' strike
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time
- Departure times: Monday-Saturday 9.40 AM and 16.00 PM
- Departure time: Sunday: 11.00 AM
The Gondola ride starts at Gondola Park of Santa Maria del Giglio, next to the hotel Gritti Palace