River Krka Waterfalls Private Excursion
Culture, Customs and Nature
A pleasant coach drive through the karsts hinterland of Šibenik Riviera takes us to the famous waterfalls of the River Krka. Here, in beautiful natural surroundings, the River Krka forms picturesque waterfalls cascading over 17 natural barriers.
We will visit the restored ethnological monuments to become better acquainted with the customs of the region. The preserved watermills are from the 19th century and have exceptional cultural and historical significance. You will see presentations of milling wheat, washing and pounding of cloth, weaving of fabrics and floor masts, horseshoe smiting, ploughing, planting, the preparation of the food in the old kitchens and more.
We will walk along the wooden paths to Skradinski buk-the longest and the loveliest waterfall on the Krka River. This is a spot where the stunning beauty is expressed in full through the perennial play of sun and water.
Free time for walking, sightseeing, photograph taking and swimming in this beautiful environment.
Note: Guests must be able to walk over varying terrain and approximately 100+ steps. Walking at Krka National Park is at guest's discretion during free time. Swimming is at guests' risk as no lifeguard is on duty. Lunch not included but there is time for snack on your own.
Activity Level Scale: 3- Walking up to 2 km which may involve steps and inclines
- Drive from Split to Krka National Park 75 minutes
- Sightseeing of facilities according to programme 30 minutes
- Free time in the National Park 120 minutes
- Transfer back to the ship 75 minutes
- English guide service
- Entrance fees to the National Park Krka
- Meals, drinks
- DEPARTURE TIME: 90 MIN AFTER SHIP ARRIVAL
- The meeting point is always on the pier in front of the cruiser ship or at the place of disembarkation from the ship
- Guests must be able to walk approx 2 km over even and cobblestone surfaces with steps