Pompeii & Vesuvius Group Tour
THE ONLY PLACE IN THE WORLD THAT GIVES YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT AN ANCIENT ROMAN TOWN AND DRIVE TO THE TOP OF THE VOLCANO THAT DESTROYED IT TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO
The day kicks off in Naples at 08:30, where you will be collected from the cruise terminal by your professional English-speaking driver.
Then it’s off to Pompeii, without a doubt one of the most perfectly preserved Roman cities. Why is it such a looking glass into ancient Roman life? Because in AD79 most of the town was buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius, and parts of Pompeii were only re-discovered 1,700 years later.
Inside Pompeii you can see narrow paved streets and glorious temples and theatres. There is also the Thermal Baths, the Forums, and the unsettling ‘plaster body casts’, which leave you almost feeling the Roman’s presence around you.
After Pompeii, it’s time to visit Mount Vesuvius for a different kind of adventure. We will drive you along a scenic track to the top of this famous mountain, where you will experience the excitement of walking around the edge of a crater and staring inside an active volcano. And while you’re up there, you can take in the stunning views.
The route that will take you to the top of mount Vesuvius goes through a National Park of unusual beauty. Pine forests and lush woods, brooms by the bright yellow flowers and an uncanny volcanic landscape. A most spectacular drive with amazing views of the bay of Naples.
When a reservation is made, it is confirmed IMMEDIATELY. Once you have completed the booking, you’ll receive a confirmation voucher by email. Easy booking, immediate confirmation, great service.
- Pick up and drop off in the cruise port of Naples
- Experience one of the most perfectly preserved Roman towns in Italy
- Step back in time nearly 2000 years in this stunning and historic town
- Visit Mount Vesuvius and stare into the active volcano that once buried Pompeii under ash
- Transport roundtrip from Naples Cruise Terminal
- English Commentary on board
- Live Archeo-guide in Pompeii (*)
- Skip the line service in Pompeii
- Guide at Mount Vesuvius
- Bottled water
(*) During the low season (from November to March), the live guide inside the ruins will be replaced by an audio guide in the language of your choice for groups of less than six persons
- Pompeii entrance fee €13 per person
- Mt Vesuvius entrance fee €10 per person
- Lunch (you have 1 hour free time after Pompeii to have lunch before continue the drive to the crater of the Mt Vesuvius)
Minimum 2 participants per booking are required
- 07:30 - 08:30 Check-in at Naples cruise port
- 08:30 Departure
- 09:00 Arrival in Pompeii, time for restrooms and tickets
- 09:15-11:15 Walking tour inside the ruins
- 11:30-12:30 Free time for shopping and for lunch ( not included )
- 12:30-13:30 Drive up to 1000 meters and reach the parking for buses
- 13:30-15:30 Hike up the serpentine that reach the crater, time for the tour with a guide of the Mt. Vesuvius National Park.
- 15:30-16:30 Meet the bus at the parking and reach Naples
Times indicated and order of the visits are subject to possible changes due to traffic, strikes, meteorological conditions, etc
We offer this tour in 3 different flavors. The choice is yours:
- You can book the Regular Tour and join a group up to 40 persons.
- You can book it as a Small Group Tour and join a group of maximum 16 persons.
- Or you can book it as a VIP Small Group Tour and join a group of maximum 8 participants.