Alcantara Gorges & Taormina from Messina cruise port
ENJOY THE NATURAL BEAUTY OF SICILY
With a transfer from the port terminal of approximately an hour, you will arrive at the Alcantara Canyons, an extraordinary and unique place. Up to 50 meters high, the canyons had been originated by the cooling phenomena of very old lava flows in the middle of the cool waters of the Alcantara River. The Botanical and Geological Park of Alcantara Canyon lets you visit this natural sight in every moment of the year, in comfort and safety.
The famous and renowned beach situated in front of the entrance of the canyon can easily be reached via lifts or by the stairs of Motta Camastra district.
The interior part of the canyon is available for an initial stretch of about 25/30 meters due to safety restrictions and the meteorological conditions above the water level. The downstream area is characterized by lakes, rocks and little falls, and it is practicable wearing dungarees that protect from the cool waters. Dungarees are on hire.
Thanks to the path network of the Botanical and Geological Park of Alcantara Canyon, you can visit all over the year through the Canyon Path and the Eleonora Path that run the canyon along its length, with many views along the canyons, plaques and charts that give information and descriptions about the places.
After, enjoy a visit to Taormina, a wonderful village situated not far from the Alcantara Gorges. You will have the opportunity to walk on your own spending some time on the main street, Corso Umberto, where you will be enchanted by the harmony of the structures and the richness of the shops and boutiques.
Departure times are set according to arrival of cruise ships. Whatever time your ship arrives please get to the meeting point as soon as possible. The bus will depart 30 minutes after your ship docks.
- pick up and drop off at Messina cruise port
- direct contact with the nature
- the visit of an unique beauty
- taste the local life in Taormina
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Live commentary on board
- Trapper assurance
- Liability insurance
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Tips and personal extra
- What is not being specified in “Included in the price”
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative or full refund