Private Shore Excursion to Chianti Wine Region from Livorno Port
TRAVEL THROUGH CLASSIC SWEET HILLS, SURROUNDED BY VINEYARDS AND SILVERY GREEN OLIVE GROVES
After a mere 45 minutes on the highway you will find yourself on the Chianti Wine Road amidst the lush, rolling countryside.
Your driver will take you through classic sweet hills, surrounded by vineyards and silvery green olive groves, between farms and castles, farmhouses and cypress trees. Enjoy the breathtaking scenery and the spectacle of nature that changes colors every season like a living picture postcard!
You begin with a short stop in an Medieval borgo deemed “one of the most beautiful hamlets in Italy”: the Castle of Montefioralle. You will see the birthplace of Amerigo Vespucci (navigator and discoverer of the Americas).
Then we move to the Castle of Verrazzano. The famous noble and commaner navigator Giovanni da Verrazzano discovered the Hudson River and the bay where New York was built later on.
Here you will visit the Castle with a guide. He will bring you to the garden and the wine cellars explaining history and telling you anecdotes. After delicious wine tasting in the cellars, you will continue with a lunch in the castle. You will get to taste excellent wines and olive oil right from the source! (*)
After driving a short distance, you spend the remaining time visiting Greve in Chianti, considered the gateway of Chianti region. All around the central square are many shops selling local products like in the famous butchers ” Falorni shop ” where they serve cold cuts and also excellent cheeses.
The cellar of the village is definitely worth seeing. It's elegant and modern but with traditions still tied to the past. If you want, you can buy a magnetic card (worth €10) to taste different types of wines of Chianti or Brunello di Montalcino and Sassicaia, but also Grappa and Limoncello.
We will leave the countryside in time to get to the ship. You can rest into the van that will take you back to the ship and we will be at your ship at 17:00 / 17:30 pm
- Pick up and drop off at your ship in Livorno cruise port
- Relaxed drive around the beautiful countryside
- Visit of ancient castles and wineries
- Wine and local product tasting
- Personal Professional driver
- Private air conditioned vehicle
- All taxes, tolls, parking fees, fuel are included
- Meals, drinks and any other personal purchase
- Entrance fees, if required
- Visit of the cellar, wine tasting and light lunch (optional)
- Pick up time: according to your ship schedule. Suggested: 08.00 AM. You can choose your pick up time upon booking
- Customized shore excursions, on request. Please, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
- Note: The wine tastings, the lunch and the cellar visit are extra. It is payable in cash directly to the driver before the beginning of the visit. It costs €35 per person.
Prijzen en beschikbaarheid
You can choose your departure time
Private tour for 1 - 2 persons
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 1 to 2 persons.v.a. € 425,00
Private tour for 3 - 4 persons
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 3 - 4 persons.v.a. € 440,00
Private tour for 5 - 6 persons
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 5 - 6 persons.v.a. € 450,00
Private tour for 7 - 8 persons
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 7 - 8 persons.v.a. € 475,00