Private Ephesus, Artemission Temple, House of Virgin Mary Tour from Kusadasi
Visit one of the most important archeological sites dating back to Greek times
This private shore excursion will bring you to the archeaological site of Ephesus, followed by a visit of The House of Virgin Mary and a stop at The Artemission Temple. Three marvellous sites on a visit from Kusadasi cruise port.
Your private guide will meet you at Kusadasi port or Kusadasi Hotel with a sign written “Your Name “on it, anytime you want. After greeting, we will have 20 mins drive to Ephesus area.
By A/C transport you will reach Epehsus, one of the most important Turkish archeological sites dating back to Greek times. You will follow your guide along monuments such as the Baths of Scholastica, the Library of Celsus, the Temple of Hadrian and the Grand Theatre. These monuments still reflect the great Greek and Roman times. Your guide will provide you with anecdotes and historical facts to get a better understanding of what you see.
Next you will visit The House of Virgin Mary. It is located on the Aladag Mountains 5 miles away from Ephesus. At the third Ecumenical Council on 431 AD in Ephesus, it was claimed that Mary came to Ephesus with St. John in 37 A.D. and lived there until her death in 48 A.D. After the discovery of the house, the Archbishop of Izmir declared it as a place of pilgrimage in 1892. On July 26, 1967, Pope Paul VI visited this place and prayed there.
Before returning to Kusadasi you will make a stop at The Artemission Temple, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
If you want you can book a tour extension to visit the nearby Terrace Houses. After your visit you get back to Kusadasi town or cruise port by A/C transportation.
- Ephesus is one of the main highlights and is considered one the great outdoor museums of Turkey
- See the Artemission Temple, one of the Seven Wonders of Ancient Times
- Visit The House of Virgin Mary, a pelgrimage located on the Aladag Mountains
- Entrance fees to the sites
- Professional Tour Guide from start till end
- A/C transportation
- Parking fees
- Traditional Turkish lunch (optional)
- Personal expenses, tips etc
- The starting time of your excursion always corresponds with your cruise schedule
- After your booking is confirmed you'll receive a confirmation voucher with all practical details (starting time, meeting point, how you'll recognize your guide etc)
- You can visit the nearby and famous Terrace Houses for an additional €10 per person (please tell us upon booking)
- A traditional Turkish lunch can be arranged for an additional €12 per person (please let us know upon booking)
- Since this shore excursion involves some walking, we highly recommend that you wear comfortable low-heeled shoes and casual clothes.
- Sun glasses and hats are recommended
- Cameras are recommended
- Visit to holy places of worship such as churches, monasteries, mosques, synagogues bare shoulders and shorts are not permitted, nor shoes in mosques
Prijzen en beschikbaarheid
You can choose the departure time
Private tour for 2 - 4 persons
Price per person for a private tour of min. 2 and max. 4 personsv.a. € 70,00
Private tour for 5 - 8 persons
Price per person for a private tour of min. 5 and max. 8 personsv.a. € 64,00
Private tour for 9 - 12 persons
Price per person for a private tour of min. 9 and max. 12 personsv.a. € 58,00
Private tour for 13 -20 persons
Price per person for a private tour of min. 13 and max. 20 personsv.a. € 53,00
Private tour for 21 - 29 persons
Price per person for a private tour of min. 21 and max. 29 personsv.a. € 47,00