Private Ephesus, Artemission Temple, House of Virgin Mary, St. John Basilica, Sirince from Kusadasi
Visit one of the most important archeological sites dating back to Greek times
This is one of the most complete shore excursion you can make from Kusadasi. Before you visit the mountain village of Sirince, you will see Ephesus, The Artemission Temple, The House of Virgin Mary and St John Basilica.
Your private guide will meet you at Kusadasi port or Kusadasi Hotel with a sign written “Your Name “on it, anytime you want. After greeting, we will have 20 mins drive to Ephesus area.
By A/C transport you will reach Ephesus, one of the most important Turkish archeological sites dating back to Greek times. You will follow your guide along monuments such as the Baths of Scholastica, the Library of Celsus, the Temple of Hadrian and the Grand Theatre. These monuments still reflect the great Greek and Roman times. Your guide will provide you with anecdotes and historical facts to get a better understanding of what you see.
Next you will visit The House of Virgin Mary. It is located on the Aladag Mountains 5 miles away from Ephesus. At the third Ecumenical Council on 431 AD in Ephesus, it was claimed that Mary came to Ephesus with St. John in 37 A.D. and lived there until her death in 48 A.D. After the discovery of the house, the Archbishop of Izmir declared it as a place of pilgrimage in 1892. On July 26, 1967, Pope Paul VI visited this place and prayed there.
After The House of Virgin Mary, you drive to St. John’s Basilica. It is believed that the evangelist St. John has spent his last years in the region around Ephesus and is buried in the southern slope of Ayosolug Hill.
Later you will also make a stop at The Artemission Temple, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Nowadays you can see the remnants of what was discovered during the 19th century.
If you want you can book a tour extension to visit the nearby Terrace Houses.
In Sirince, a charming old Turkish mountain village, you can enjoy the relaxed atmosphere ans beautiful scenery. The slopes of the hills are covered with wine yards and peach trees. You will visit a mosque and Orthodox church and you can try some fruity wine in one of the small cafés. A typical Turkish lunch is included.
After this exciting excursion you get back to Kusadasi town or cruise port by A/C transportation.
All prices are based on English speaking guide. For other languages an additional fee of €60 per guide is applicable.
- Ephesus is one of the main highlights and is considered one the great outdoor museums of Turkey
- See the Artemission Temple, one of the Seven Wonders of Ancient Times
- Visit The House of Virgin Mary, a pelgrimage located on the Aladag Mountains
- See Saint John Basilica
- Enjoy a typical Turkish lunch in the mountain village of Sirince
- Entrance fees to the sites
- Professional Tour Guide from start till end
- A/C transportation
- Parking fees
- Typical Turkish lunch
- Tips (if deserved)
- Personal expenses
- The starting time of your excursion always corresponds with your cruise schedule
- After your booking is confirmed you'll receive a confirmation voucher with all practical details (starting time, meeting point, how you'll recognize your guide etc)
- You can visit the nearby and famous Terrace Houses for an additional €10 per person (please tell us upon booking)
- Since this shore excursion involves some walking, we highly recommend that you wear comfortable low-heeled shoes and casual clothes.
- Sun glasses and hats are recommended
- Cameras are recommended
- Visit to holy places of worship such as churches, monasteries, mosques, synagogues bare shoulders and shorts are not permitted, nor shoes in mosques
Prijzen en beschikbaarheid
You can choose the departure time
Private tour for 2 - 4 persons
Price per person for a private tour of min. 2 and max. 4 personsv.a. € 83,00
Private tour for 5 - 8 persons
Price per person for a private tour of min. 5 and max. 8 personsv.a. € 77,00
Private tour for 9 - 12 persons
Price per person for a private tour of min. 9 and max. 12 personsv.a. € 70,00
Private tour for 13 -20 persons
Price per person for a private tour of min. 13 and max. 20 personsv.a. € 65,00
Private tour for 21 - 29 persons
Price per person for a private tour of min. 21 and max. 29 personsv.a. € 59,00