The Cinque Terre from Genoa Port
A FIRST-CLASS AND WORRY-FREE EXCURSION TO ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL CINQUE TERRE
Your luxurious vehicle and driver will be waiting directly for you at your ship in Genoa Port to take you to tour one of Italy’s most beautiful places - the Cinque Terre. What is the Cinque Terre? Five miles of spectacular rocky coast, two promontories, thousands of kilometers of dry walls built on terraces cultivated with vineyards, five medieval fishing villages built on rock…add to this the incredible color of the sea and the sky, and you may understand what the Cinque Terre is. You are in for a real treat today. This is one of our favorite shore excursions with unforgettable views of hills, sea and vineyards.
Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore are their names. Each village is unique in its own way; all are part of a national park system protected by UNESCO since 1997. Inaccessible until fairly recently, in spite of tourism, the Cinque Terre have kept the charm that make them so special and you will experience this during your tour today.
You will begin your shore excursion with a drive south until you reach the last of the five towns “Riomaggiore”. You will walk through this town in order to reach the breathtaking “Via dell’Amore” (Street of Love), this famous and very romantic walkway carved out of the cliffs (entrance fee). You will then arrive in the second town, Manarola in about 15 minutes where you can take the train or boat to Vernazza. It is also possible to hike along the mountain path to reach Vernazza.
Vernazza is a beautiful town, considered to be the most picturesque of the Cinque Terre and it is here that you will want stop during your shore excursion to have your lunch in one of the typical restaurants that are plentiful in this town. This should be a very flexible itinerary since everyone will have their own interests and may not want to see and do the same things. An excellent way to see the Cinque Terre during this shore excursion, is to buy the “Cinque Terre” pass for the trains. This pass will allow you unlimited transportation between the towns and also includes entrance to the “Via dell’Amore” and the bus service to Corniglia which is the town on the hill high above the coast.
Meet your car and driver at the end of the day in a convenient location of your choice for your comfortable ride back to the Port of Genoa.
- Pick up/drop off directly at the cruise port
- Extensive visit of Cinque Terre
- Possibility to adapt your schedule (within reason)
- Never miss the ship
- Pick up/drop off directly at your ship gangway
- A fun and informative private English speaking driver to lead you through the day
- Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped Mercedes Benz vehicle
- All taxes, parking, tolls and gasoline
- No hidden costs
- Entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
- Gratuities (entirely at the client's discretion)
- The above itinerary is just an example and includes the highlights; please feel free to customize it to suit your travel needs, directly with your driver on the day. Being a private tour you will have the complete control of the day with the freedom to choose exactly what to do and see.
- Upon booking you can choose your own departure time. We advise to leave around 08.00 AM
- Duration of this tour is between 7-8 hours depends on your cruise schedule
- No charge or penalty for tours cancelled at least 7 days in advance
- NO SHOW - full forfeiture
This excursion starts at the cruise port of Genoa where the driver will wait for you holding a signboard with your name