Rome On Your Own
FAST AND DIRECT BUS TRANSFER BETWEEN CIVITAVECCHIA AND ROME
This is the easiest, fastest and best value for money transportation option between Civitavecchia and Rome and back.
Rome On Your Own is a fast without fuss service from Civitavecchia Port to Rome city centre. A perfect way to do your own thing without a guide in Rome. You will have 8 hours for yourself to visit the monuments of Rome such as St. Peter's Basilica, St. Angel Castle, Pantheon, Spanish Step, Piazza Navona, Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, Trevi Fountain and many others historical places that Rome has to offer.
Your journey starts from Civitavecchia Port at 09.15 am, where our staff will welcome and escort you to our bus (Royal Bus is our official company) for a safe travel on pre-booked basis seats on the coach. Rome On Your Own, is serviced with a modern and air-con coach with an assistant who will be very happy to give you tips how to reach places as fast as possible, without loosing precious time. The journey will stop close by the Palazzaccio (Justice Palace) in Piazza dei Tribunali. After arrival, you can discover Rome on your own.
Departure for your return trip to Civitavecchia is scheduled at 16.00 pm, from the drop off point at Piazza dei Tribunali. You will be back in Civitavecchia port (shuttle bus stop) at about 17.15 pm
When a reservation is made, it is confirmed IMMEDIATELY. Once you have completed the booking, you’ll receive a confirmation voucher by email. Easy booking, immediate confirmation, great service.
You don’t lose any valuable time
- the bus departs from Civitavecchia Port (shuttle bus terminal stop). No long walking, waiting or searching necessary.
- in Rome, the drop-off point is on walking distance from St. Peter's Basilica and Vatican City
- much more convenient than public transport
You travel comfortably
- departure from Civitavecchia at 09.15 am. You can still have breakfast at a reasonable hour
- professional staff who will escort you
- safe and direct transfer to Rome after you board the coach. No stops along the road
- modern and air-conditioned coach
You can enjoy the day without stress
- guaranteed and reserved seats on the bus
- departure from Rome at 16.00 pm, back at Civitavecchia around 17.15 pm
- return transportation between Civitavecchia and Rome
- modern, air conditioned coach
- pre-booked seats on our coach
- friendly staff that will assist you
- guide and entrance tickets
- shuttle bus from/to the port to/from the start location at Piazza della Pace (=FREE)
- lunch, drinks, personal expenses,...
- If you wish to enter St. Peter's Basilica with "Skip the line" system, we can offer you this service too. Priority entrance to the Basilica can be purchased just before boarding your coach and the rate for this service will be only €22 per person (adults, student and children). The tour will be carried out by an official guide from the Vatican State. Language for the tour of St. Peter's Basilica can be requested when booking the service before boarding the coach.
- It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that, if you wish to enter the Basilica, you must have your knees, shoulders, midriff and cleavage covered. Failing doing so, the Vatican will refuse your entrance. In special events inside St. Peter's Basilica, guided tours are not allowed to enter. On Sundays, the priority entrance cannot be offered as per Vatican State rules.