A Day in Monaco
Your tour starts on the scenic roads of the "Moyenne Corniche" offering a splendid view over Villefranche -sur-mer and the peninsula of Saint Jean Cap Ferrat
En route to Monaco, make a first stop to discover the medieval village of Eze, one of the most picturesque sites of the French Riviera. Dating from the Middle Ages, the village was built on top of the rocky outcrop for security reasons. The walls of the twelfth century will be dismantled in 1706 by order of Louis XIV. Take the cobbled streets and reach the top where you can find today the exotic garden and the castle ruins, the view is amazing (427 meters high). Visit the famous Fragonard perfume factory down to the village.
Go through the village of La Turbie, also called the "Monaco terrace" because of the panoramic view of the Principality of Monaco. Admire the ruins of an imposing monument (50 meters high) : the Trophy of the Alps, dedicated to the Emperor Augustus, built 7 BC on the road that linked Italy to Cimiez (the Roman Quarter Nice) longtime ago.
You will then reach the Principality of Monaco.
Spend the afternoon in the old town on "Le Rocher" (the rock) overlooking the sea and harbor (60 meters high), where you will discover :
- The Prince's Palace and the Changing of the Guard at 11:55. In front of the Palais du Prince, you will notice the Carabinieri Barracks . Created on the 8th of December 1817, the Carabinieri have for main missions to ensure the safety of the Royal Family as well as maintain public order.
- The Cathedral of neo-Roman style, the first stone was laid the 6th of January 1875. Entirely built in white stones from La Turbie career during the reign of Prince Charles III, it was completed on the 12th of November 1903. You can pay tribute to the Monaco Princes and "Princesse Grace de Monaco" who rest here .
- The Justice Palace was inaugurated in 1930, built in solid tufa, a porous gray stone also used to construct the walls.
- The Oceanographic Museum created there over a century by Prince Albert I of Monaco.
Take the oportunity to visit the Prince Palace (8 euros/adult, 4 euros/child, not included in the tour price), the Oceanographic Museum (14 euros/adult, 10 euros/child, not included in the tour price) or enjoy a short Monaco tour by using the touristic train.
Reach Monte-Carlo in the most beautiful way by taking the famous Grand Prix track of Formula One. Explore Monte Carlo and discover :
The Casino de Monte- Carlo whose construction was ordered by the Société des Bains de Mer (created by François Blanc in 1863 ) and the plans were developed in 1878 by the famous architect Charles Garnier
Lavish Gardens Casino
The Hôtel de Paris wich has all the charm of the great hotels of the 19th century, the inauguration took place in 1864
- English speaking guide (other languages on request)
- Transportation by air-conditioned 8 seater minivan
- Guided tour of perfumery in Eze
- Harbour pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Tour available everyday except during the 4 days of the F1 Monaco Grand Prix
- Morning departure at 9.00 am
- Booking for minimum 2 people
- Maximum 8 people on the tour to ensure a more personalized experience
- All customers are insured during transportation except getting in or out the vehicle
Prijzen en beschikbaarheid
Departure at 09.00 AM from Cannes cruise port
Price per adultv.a. € 95,00
Price per child younger than 12 years oldv.a. € 47,50