Nora and Capo Spartivento
Half-day tour in the southern coast of Sardinia, between the archaeological site of Nora and the wonderful beaches of Chia and Capo Spartivento
Half-day tour in the southern coast of Sardinia, between the archaeological site of Nora and the wonderful beaches of Chia and Capo Spartivento.
We will visit the ruins of the ancient Roman city of Nora, part of Sardinia’s archaeological heritage, located in the headland called Capo di Pula, in the Southwest coast of the island.
Half-day tour passing by charming coves and beaches, we will then hike along the trail leading to the lighthouse of Capo Spartivento, surrounded by the Mediterranean maquis.
The archaeological area of Nora was previously occupied by a village of nuragic, but soon became an emporium and then a Phoenician city.
After the conquest of Carthage, Nora was the first stage on the sea route from Carthage to Sardinia and its most important city, Cagliari.
The Nora Stone, a Phoenician inscription found at Nora in 1773, has been dated by palaeographic methods to between the late 9th century and early 8th century BCE. Has been interpreted as a Phoenician military victory for conquest of the area.
- Visit to the ruins of the ancient city of Nora
- Half-day experiential archaeological tour of Nora
- Hiking to the lighthouse of Capo Spartivento
- Breath-taking landscapes
- Charming coves and beaches in Southern Sardinia
- Pick up and drop off
- Transportation in comfortable 9 seats minibus
- Visit to Nora and hiking to the lighthouse
- tips (optional)
- Please wait in the starting point near the free shuttle bus stop in the Cagliari Harbour
- Maximum 8 people per group
Prijzen en beschikbaarheid
Departure from Cagliari cruise port
Price per personv.a. € 80,00