Gaudí - The Sagrada Familia Tour
This shore excursion is dedicated to Sagrada Familia, the unfinished temple and masterpiece of Antoni Gaudí. This world famous landmark is often seen as the synthesis of his overall conception of architecture. A must-see!
The tour starts at 10.00h from Plaça Catalunya, in front of Deutsche Bank & Hotel Olivia Plaza. If Barcelona is your cruise port of call, you have a lot of transportation options to get to the center. The fastest way is to take a metro from Drassanes metro station (located on La Rambla close to the Christopher Columbus Monument) to Catalunya metro station (green line, 2 stops).
Along Passeig de Gràcia, a fancy boulevard lined with luxury and design shops, you can admire the marvelous façades of La Pedrera: Casa Batlló and Casa Milà. This two of Gaudí’s houses are nicely located in a district which was once built for the wealthy Barcelonans.
After Passeig de Gràcia, you move on to Sagrada Familia, the highlight of the tour. This extraordinary masterpiece is one of Barcelona’s main landmarks. The construction was started at the end of the 19th century. Antoni Gaudí spent the latter part of his life in creating this temple, but his work is still unfinished. Construction is still going on and financed by the entrance fees (included in the tour price). Inside the building your guide will give you detailed information about the many hidden architectural details and symbols.
You can stay as long as you want and explore the crypt, towers, museum and styles of the Birth and Passion façades.
- Admire the façades of Casa Batlló and Casa Milà along Passeig de Gràcia
- Visit Sagrada Familia, the jewel in the crown of Antoni Gaudí’s art work
- Entrance to Sagrada Família
- Pick up and drop off
- Daily at 10 am all year round except Mar 17, Apr 7, Dec 25 & 26 and Jan 1 & 6
- There is a Daily afternoon tour at 3:15 pm available from April 1 to October 31, except Sundays.
- Please note that all our coach tour involve some light walking
- Reduced price for children up to 12 years old
Prijzen en beschikbaarheid
Departure at 10.00 AM from the indicated departure point
Price per adult including entrance to Sagrada Familiav.a. € 69,00
Price per child from 3 to 12 years old including entrance to Sagrada Familiav.a. € 35,00