Tour to Alexandria city
Take a fascinating tour to Alexandria from Port in the company of your own Egyptologist guide. The second largest city in Egypt, Alexandria has an atmosphere that is more Mediterranean than Middle Eastern and is famous for its Roman remains.
Your shore excursion starts at the cruise port of Alexandria where the guide will welcome you in Egypt.
Your first stop in this historic city is the catacombs of Kom al-Shuqqafa, a Roman burial site whose family tomb reveals the merging of Egyptian and Roman art and architecture. Descend below ground to visit the tomb and Caracals Hall.
Back above ground, continue to Pompey's Pillar, an 82-foot (25-meter) granite column built to honour Emperor Diocletian, who freed the besieged city and brought food to its starving people.
Lunch is included during the tour and will be served at local SEA-FOOD restaurant.
Move onto Alexandria Library, which contain copy of approximate every book published in the world. This makes the library one of the great literary sites in the world.
The tour includes short stop in front of Morsy Abul Abbas famous mosque, which is one of the most sacred and famous mosques all over Egypt and the World.
Finally, you will transferred back to your cruise in Alexandria Port.
- DISCOUNT FOR CHILDREN: children under 12 years get 50% discount on the excursion price
- Visit the ancient Alexandria
- Pick up and drop off at Alexandria cruise port
- Entrance fees included
- Pick up services from Alexandria Port & return
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English Speaking guide
- Entrance fees to mentioned sites
- Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour
- Lunch meal at a local restaurant
- All taxes & service charge
- Any extras not mentioned
- We match departure and return times with the schedule of your cruise ship
- The Standard ShoreBee Cancellation policy applies
Your excursion starts and ends at the cruise port of Alexandria