What is a shore excursion?
Characteristics and specifications of cruise excursions
Options while your cruise ship is docked in port
When you dock at a cruise port you basically have 4 options:
- You stay on board to enjoy the facilities on board
- You make an excursion organized by the cruise line
- You make an excursion booked with a local operator
- You organize cruise excursion on your own
Characteristics of cruise excursions
At first sight a cruise excursion may seem like a short city trip, but there are some differences. A cruise excursion has 3 specific characteristics:
- You depart from a cruise port, sometimes remote
- You only have a few hours time
- You must be back on board in time
Cruise excursions have different names. Most common are shore excursions, land excursions and cruise shore excursions.