Highlights in Rome
Highlights in Rome during a Mediterranean cruise
- amphitheater for gladiatorial
- once the largest building in the world
- place for 55,000 spectators
- built in the 1st century A.D.
- the most beautiful fountain in Rome
- dating from the 18th century (Baroque)
- water by aqueduct from 19 BC
- statue of Neptune
Nationaal Monument Victor Emmanuel II
- monument in honor of first king of united Italy
- built of pure white marble
- completed in 1935
- the political, economic and legal center of the imperial Rome
- place of Senate
- ruins of triumphal arches, temples and basilicas
- oldest excavations from the 10th century B.C.
- temple dedicated to all Roman gods
- most complete building from Roman times
- largest masonry cupola in the world
- originally from 25 A.D.
- holy place of Christianity and residence of Pope
- St. Peter's Basilica
- sistine chapel
- works of Bramante, Michelangelo and Bernini
- originally a mausoleum for Emperor Hadrian
- completed in 140 A.D.
- papal residence from the 13th century
- has a secret passage to the Vatciaan
- largest park in Rome
- place of the World Exhibition in 1911
- also called "park of museum'
- perfect refuge for the crowds of the city
- magnificent steps of the church Trinita dei Monti
- poplulaire meeting point of local residents
- dating from the 18th century (early rococo)
- yearly papal floral tribute on 8 december
Like to make great excursions to - or in Rome?