Highlights in Civitavecchia (Rome)
Highlights in Civitavecchia (Rome) during a Mediterranean cruise
- fortress to defend the port
- built on the remains of a Roman villa
- dating from the 16th century
- design was entrusted to Michelangelo
- also called Terme Taurine
- dates from the 1st century V.C.
- bathhouse of Emperor Trajan
- archaeological excavations were started in the 18th century
National Archaeological Museum
- artifacts of Civitavecchia (2nd century A.D.)
- 3 floors
- located in a papal residence from the 18th century
Like to make great excursions to - or in Civitavecchia (Rome)?
Compose your own roadbook