Highlights in Paris
Highlights in Paris during a Mediterranean cruise
L’ Arc de Triomphe
- Built during the mandate of Napoleon Bonaparte in memory of the soldiers who fought bravely during the battle of Austerlits.
- 50 m high and 45 m wide, one of the best known arches in the world, located on Place de l ' Étoile
Av. Champs Élysées
- The most famous avenue in Paris
- It starts at Arc de Triomphe and ends at Place de La Concorde.
- There you will find chic and exclusive shops such as Channel, Dior, Louis Vuitton etc.
- Built by Gustave Eiffel for the World Exposition in 1889. The Eiffel Tower is located at Parc du Champ de Mars and from the top of the tower you have a nice view over the city.
- From Jardins du Trocadero (also a metro stop) you can take stylish pictures of the tower.
- 324 m high, divided in 3 levels.
- To all the way up to, you must take an elevator
- The Pantheon is located at the Latin quarter.
- It houses the coffins of important people in the history of France.
- In the neighbourhood you can find the Church Saint Étienne du Mont, Lycée Louis le Grand and Henri IV.
- This Gothic Cathedral is one of oldest in that style.
- He is located at Île de la Cité, an island in the middle of the Seine.
- The towers are 69 m tall.
- The South Tower contains the bell of Emmanuel
- This cabaret is located in Pigalle, on Boulevard de Clichy near Montmartre.
- There you will find burlesque shows with the atmosphere of La belle époque.
- Singers such as Frank Sinatra and Édith Piaf have made a show
- It is the most famous museum of France
- There you will find the fine art collection of important painters in the world.
- In the neighbourhood you will find le Jardin Le Tuileries and Place de la Concorde
Place de la concorde
- This square is located on the starting from Champs Elysées.
- There you will find the Obélisque, the Fontaine de Fleuves and Fontaine de Mers
- In the neighbourhood you will find Le Jardin de Tuileries and the Louvre museum
- Montmartre is a hill, easily recognized by the Basilica Sacre Cœur on the top.
- That district is known as the area of the Impressionists and Bohemia of Paris in the 19th century.
- In the neighbourhood you will find the Sacre Cœur, Moulin Rouge, Palace du Tertre, Cabaret le Chat Noir and the Lapin Agile, café Les Deux Moulins known for the film Le Fabuleux Destin d ' Amélie Poulin.