Best of Berlin Private Shore Excursion
Custom Tailor - Best of German capital in one day
On our private tour we will custom tailor your visit to your exact specifications. You can make all the decisions where to stop and where to spend your time. It is hands down the most flexible way to see the German capital. We can also organize tickets for and/or private tours of museums, palaces or galleries upon request.
If you are traveling on a cruise ship to the port of Rostock/Warnemünde and have only one day on shore, let us take you on a fascinating, all-encompassing journey to Berlin! The German capital has become the third most visited destination in Europe and we will take you to all its main sights to show you exactly why.
This shore excursion is adjusted to each ship’s docking times and starts promptly after your vessel’s arrival, returning with plenty of time to spare before its departure.
Your hosts will greet you in front of your cruise ship as soon as it docks and show you to a comfortable, air-conditioned bus. After a relaxing, comfortable journey through the picturesque flatlands of East Germany, you will arrive in Berlin and meet your professional English speaking tour guide.
Here the tour begins in West Berlin at the Charlottenburg Palace. You will first have a chance to stretch your legs as your knowledgeable local guide gives you an introduction to the city. You will then drive through the former British sector along Berlin’s Champs-Élysées - the Kurfürstendamm, past the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and the KaDeWe, the largest department store in continental Europe.
You will then head to East Berlin - visiting the impressive parliament building, the Reichstag - on the way. Stroll through the famous Brandenburg Gate and nearby Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. Admire the Tiergarten central park, the Victory Column, a Soviet memorial, the Memorial to the Murdered Sinti and Roma as well as the Paris Square. Continue on to the site of Hitler’s bunker, through Potsdamer Platz to one of the few remaining pieces of the Berlin Wall before reaching the former site of the Headquarters of the SS and Gestapo, today known as the Topography of Terror. Next is your chance to pass through Checkpoint Charlie – the most famous crossing point between East and West Berlin during the Cold War - and visit the former US sector.
After some free time for lunch , your tour will continue through the former Soviet sector of East Berlin to visit the spectacular Gendarmenmarkt and Bebelplatz – famous as the ‘Nazi Book Burning Square’. You will also have a chance to visit Berlin’s historic former Royal Quarter – the beautiful boulevard of Unter den Linden, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Museum Island, the Berlin Cathedral, and Alexanderplatz with its iconic TV Tower.
Time permitting you might also drive past the longest remaining stretch of the Berlin Wall with its world-famous graffiti – the East Side Gallery or stop in the former Jewish Quarter, which has recently become the fashion and art center of the German capital.
At the end of your Berlin tour, say goodbye to your tour guide, and be whisked off in comfort back to your cruise ship.
- Full day tour with professional guide
- Custom tailor your visit
- All main highlights of Berlin
- Pick up/drop off in port
- Our expert team has been organising these tours for nearly a decade
- We have never missed a cruise ship’s departure and imparted our knowledge and enthusiasm for our unique and beautiful city to thousands of satisfied passengers
- Private modern, air-conditioned bus for the total duration of 12 hours
- Private Professional English speaking tour guide for 6 hours in Berlin
- Meals and drinks
- Other entrance fees (none will be required during this tour)
- Guide assistance on the way to and from Berlin (the guide is only joining the bus in Berlin)
- Gratuities are welcomed if you enjoyed the tour. Recommended (not obligated): 10EUR per person for the guide, 5EUR per person for the driver
- Journey from the port to Berlin: 3 hours
- Journey back from Berlin to the port: 3 hours
- Guided tour in Berlin: approximately 6 hours
- Please bring some change in EUR for toilet stops, beverages and for lunch. Please ask our tour guide in Berlin to arrange for a stop at an ATM if you do not have EUR with you. US dollars are not accepted in Germany.
- Your bus driver may not speak English, in case of any questions please call our emergency number (number will be provided on your voucher)
- Our bus unfortunately will not be able to wait for you if you are late and do not contact us. In such cases we will not be able to provide a refund.
- The route of the tour and time spent in Berlin is subject to ship’s docking times, traffic, special events and any other circumstances out of our control. Please note we will not be able to provide a refund if the touring time has to be shortened because of any of the above
Prices and availability
Departure is at 30 minutes after your ship's arrival
Private tour for 1 - 2 persons
Price per tour, not per person. Price for a private tour for 1 - 2 persons. This is a private tour for you and your company only. No other people can join you.from € 1.050,00
Private tour for 3 - 6 persons
Price per tour, not per person. Price for a private tour for 3 - 6 persons. This is a private tour for you and your company only. No other people can join you.from € 1.120,00
Private tour for 7 - 16 persons
Price per tour, not per person. Price for a private tour for 7 - 16 persons. This is a private tour for you and your company only. No other people can join you.from € 1.525,00
Private tour for 17 - 48 persons
Price per tour, not per person. Price for a private tour for 17 - 48 persons. This is a private tour for you and your company only. No other people can join you.from € 1.985,00