Berlin and Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial Group Tour
All-in-One Best of Berlin with a brief visit of Germany's concentration camps
This tour combines our classic All-in-One Best of Berlin trip with a brief visit to one of Germany's first concentration camps - Sachsenhausen, built on the northern outskirts of Berlin.
As with all of our tours you will be met in the port by our assistants and escorted to our modern air-conditioned coach for a 2.5-hour drive through the East German countryside. Once you arrive at Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial you will be introduced to your guide who will give you a brief overview of the history and horrifying events which transpired there. After approximately 45 minutes at the Memorial, you will board the coach and drive to the city center of Berlin.
Once we arrive in Berlin you will have a 30-minute break (quick lunch - not included). After lunch the tour continues in the government quarter where you will see the German parliament, the Reichstag the Brandenburg Gate, Pariser Platz, the Tiergarten, the Memorial to the Murdered Jews and Hitler's bunker. From there you will head south through Potsdamer Platz to see the remains of the Berlin Wall as well as the former Headquarters of the SS and Gestapo, and Checkpoint Charlie. After a photo stop you will head up Friedrichstrasse to the classic heart of the German capital which includes Gendarmenmarkt, Babel Platz, the book burning square, Unter den Linden, Humboldt University, the Neue Wache, former Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Museum Island and the former Royal Palace of Berlin which is currently being rebuilt.
Time permitting the guide may also have time to show you a few sites in the former West Berlin, including the KaDeWe shopping center, Kurfürstendamm, the bombed out Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church as well as the Bellevue and the Charlottenburg Palaces.
Example itinerary (the timings will be adjusted to the arrival & departure times of each cruise ship):
7:30 Cruise ship's arrival
8:00 Tour starts at the port
10:30 Arrival at the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
10:30-11:30 Short visit to the Memorial
11:30-12:30 Continuation of the journey, transfer to Berlin
12:30-17:00 Tour of Berlin with a short break for a meal (not included in the price)
17:00 Journey back to the port
20:00 Arrival back at the port
Please note the route of the tour and time spent in Berlin is subject to ship’s docking times, traffic, special events and any other circumstances out of our control
- Full day tour with professional guide
- All main highlights of Berlin
- Visit to one of Germany's first concentration camps
- Pick up/drop off in port
- Our expert team has been organising these tours for nearly a decade
- We have never missed a cruise ship’s departure and imparted our knowledge and enthusiasm for our unique and beautiful city to thousands of satisfied passengers
- Modern, air-conditioned bus for the total duration of 12 hours
- Professional English speaking tour guide for 6 hours in Berlin & Sachsenhausen
- Donation entrance fee to the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
- Meals and drinks
- Other entrance fees (none will be required during this tour)
- Guide assistance on the way to and from Berlin (the guide is only joining the bus in Sachsenhausen)
- Gratuities if deserved (recommended: 10EUR pp for the guide, 5EUR pp for the driver)
- MINIMUM 12 people to guarantee the departure of this tour
- The tours start 30 minutes after arrival of the cruise ship
- This is not an in-depth guided tour of the camp, which can take over two hours but rather a chance to visit a camp as part of your Berlin experience. If you would like a more comprehensive tour of the camp please inquire into our private tours and we can customize an itinerary for you.
- At the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial there are no shops or restaurants to buy food. Our first stop with a possibility to buy food will be in Berlin.
- This tour does not include a full stop for a sit-down lunch. Due to time constraints only a short stop with an opportunity to buy a snack or a sandwich will be included in Berlin.
- Please bring some change in EUR for toilet stops, beverages and for lunch. Please ask our tour guide in Berlin to arrange for a stop at an ATM if you do not have EUR with you. US dollars are not accepted in Germany.
- Your bus driver may not speak English, in case of any questions please call our emergency number (will be provided on your voucher)
- Our bus unfortunately will not be able to wait for you if you are late and do not contact us. In such cases we will not be able to provide a refund.
- The route of the tour and time spent in Berlin is subject to ship’s docking times, traffic, special events and any other circumstances out of our control. Please note we will not be able to provide a refund if the touring time has to be shortened because of any of the above.
- IMPORTANT: This tour is only available as a group/public tour from the NCL Norwegian Breakaway cruise ships. From other cruise ships we offer this tour as a private tour only
- Journey to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial: approximately 2.5 hours
- Journey back from Berlin to the port: 3 hours
- Guided tour in Sachsenhausen and Berlin: approximately 6 hours
Warnemünde/Rostock cruise port. The tour starts directly in front of the cruise ship