Saint Mark's Basilica, Doge's Palace & Grand Canal Boat Tour
This combined tour lets you explore the Venice of the Doges and its eastern influences, immersing yourself in the stuccoed halls, followed by one of the most majestic cathedrals in the world and the discover of the historical Venice through the grand canal on a private motor boat
The tour is composed of three parts and allows you to discover the places and history of the Venice of the Doges and the Byzantine art and the historical palaces on the grand canal.
Walking around this open air museum our informative guide will take you to the external sights of Saint Mark's Square, the Doge's Palace, the Sansovino library, the Bell tower, the incredible legends of the Clock tower and the Bridge of sighs and its adjoining prisons. You will discover the extraordinary architectural master pieces and why they were built that way. Take advantage of our expert guide, hear anecdotes about this remarkable city and its historical characters, Casanova, Marco Polo to name two. This walk is an absolute must for the first time visitor, leaving you knowing so much more about this not so practical but precious city.
Than you will be accompanied by our expert guide during an hour walking tour inside the Doge's Palace, "Palazzo Ducale" in Italy. The Palace is a magnificent combination of Byzantine, Gothic and Renaissance architecture, the center of the Venetian Empire and the seat of the Venetian Government. Hear about the different roles played by the Doge and his counselors, be entertained by our informative guide and learn about the history of the Venetian legends as you walk through the eerie, narrow passageways towards the prison cells whilst learning about the prisoners and of course, Casanova, perhaps Venice's most famous and intriguing escapee. At the end of the visit you will have free time for lunch.
After the Doge's Palace, at 16.30 PM, you'll finish your day picking-up a private motor launch (water taxi) which will take you 1-hour along the most spectacular high street in the world "Venice’s Grand Canal" giving you a great overall view of the city covering many of the “sestieri” (areas).
When a reservation is made, it is confirmed IMMEDIATELY. Once you have completed the booking, you’ll receive a confirmation voucher by email. Easy booking, immediate confirmation, great service.
- 2 hours walking tour of Saint Mark's Square, inside the Saint Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- 1 Hour afternoon private motor launch tour of the Grand Canal and minor canals
- Skip the line tickets!! Avoid the public queues with our special pass
- Fully licensed English speaking guide
- Great photos opportunities
- Guided Tour of The Saint Mark's Basilica and The Doge's Palace
- Admission fees
- Live tour commentary provided in English
- Audio headset for tour commentary while more than 10 pax on group
- Skip-the-Line entrance to the Saint Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace
- Guided Tour of The Grand Canal
- Private water taxi for Grand Canal Boat tour
- Immediate confirmation by email
- Upstairs of Saint Marks Basilica is not included
- Secret itineraries of Doge's Palace – we do not enter into these rooms
- Optional gratuities
- Port pick up and drop off
- Food and drink
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Maximum group size is 25 people
- This activity operates rain or shine
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and Doge's Palace
- Our assistant will be holding an orange umbrella and a sign with the name of the tour so she is easy to find
- If you wish to spend more time inside the Doge's Palace independently after the tour your museum pass will allow you to do so
- On very few occasions Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed due to religious ceremonies, public holidays, private events or high water and we are not always informed in advance. The Basilica and the Square will be done externally only and the Doge's Palace will be 1-hour and 30 minutes; total length of tour (Basilica Doge's Palace) 2 hours
- Departure times: Monday to Saturday 11.15 AM (second part Boat Tour starts at 16.30 PM - tour ends at 17.30 PM)
- Departure times: Sunday 14.00 PM (second part Boat Tour starts at 16.30 PM - tour ends at 17.30 PM)
The tour starts at Saint Mark's Square under the arches of the Correr Museum