Classical Venice Combined Tour: Gondola ride, Saint Mark's basilica & Doge's palace
Enjoy this combined tour to discover Venice: classic gondola ride, guided tour of the S. Mark's Basilica & Doge's palace
We start our combination tour with a classical gondola ride, On this unique exploration of the Venetian romantic canals, unwind and relax into the gentle rhythms and movements of the Grand Canal, appreciating the skill involved in steering the gondola through the intricate waterways of the city. As you sit back and take in the views, you will inevitably become involved in the friendly banter of the gondoliers - as much a part of Venetian culture as the gondola itself! This charming tour will take you one step closer to the romantic facades of Venice and will enable you to understand what it was to be truly Venetian.
After the Gondola ride, you will go to the next meeting point on your own for the second and third part of the tour. You will have sufficient time to reach the meeting point. You will get the instructions before the start of the Gondola ride.
Your next tour starts in front of the Correr museum in Saint Mark's square where you will meet your professional English speaking guide. We start the tour discovering the buildings in the square and then we skip the line into Saint Marks Basilica which majestically symbolize the lagoon and enshrines the city’s history and Saints relics. With its awe – inspiring gold mosaics our talented guide will walk you through to one of the main highlights of the Saint Mark's Basilica, the “Pala d’Oro” (Golden altar), with masterpieces by generations of Venetian Goldsmiths, universally recognized as one of the most refined and accomplished works of Byzantine craftsmanship and the most precious treasure in the Saint Mark's Basilica.
The tour then continues as we skip the line into the Doge's Palace, a magnificent combination of Byzantine, Gothic and Renaissance architecture. Once the residence of the Doge (Duke) the elected ruler of the city. We pass through lavish chambers and also cross the bridge of Sighs making our way though the new prisons. The tour ends inside the palace and your pass allows you stay inside the museum independently after the tour has ended.
When a reservation is made, it is confirmed IMMEDIATELY. Once you have completed the booking, you’ll receive a confirmation voucher by email. Easy booking, immediate confirmation, great service.
- The best way to discover venice with these 3 most famous tours
- 30 minutes’ Classic gondola ride along the Grand Canal and smaller canals
- 2 hours walking tour of Saint Mark's Square, inside the Saint Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- Skip the line tickets!! Avoid the public queues with our special pass
- Fully licensed English speaking guide
- Great photos opportunities
- Guided Tour of The Saint Mark's Basilica and The Doge's Palace
- 30 minutes shared Classic gondola ride
- Admission fees
- Live tour commentary provided in English
- Audio headset for tour commentary while more than 10 pax on group
- Skip-the-Line entrance to the Saint Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace
- Immediate confirmation by email
- The classic gondola ride is not guided
- Upstairs of Saint Marks Basilica is not included
- Secret itineraries of Doge's Palace – we do not enter into these rooms
- Port pick up and drop off
- Food and Drinks
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Maximum group size is 25 people
- This activity operates rain or shine
- This tour in gondola is not guided. Shared gondola with max. 6 people per gondola
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and Doge's Palace
- Our assistant will be holding an orange umbrella and a sign with the name of the tour so she is easy to find
- On very few occasions Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed due to religious ceremonies, public holidays, private events or high water and we are not always informed in advance. The Basilica and the Square will be done externally only and the Doge's Palace will be 1-hour and 30 minutes; total length of tour (Basilica Doge's Palace) 2 hours
- If you wish to spend more time inside the Doge's Palace independently after the tour your museum pass will allow you to do so
- Departure times: Monday to Saturday 09.40 AM (second part starts at 11.15 AM - end of tour at 13.15 PM)
- Departure times: Sunday 11.00 AM (second part starts at 14.00 PM - end of tour at 16.00 PM)
This tour starts at Gondola Park of Santa Maria del Giglio, next to the hotel Gritti Palace. There you will receive further instructions for the second part and third part of the tour