Best of Venice shore excursion
A FIRST-CLASS AND WORRY-FREE EXCURSION TO ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL VENICE
Don't have much time in Venice or want to get a quick overview before you explore it more on your own?
Your licensed tour guide will met you directly in St Mark's Square, and will show you the most important highlights of this romantic city.
In half a day we'll take you to Piazza San Marco, "the most beautiful drawing room in Europe". This Square, today preserves Venice 's most important historical memories and its most famous monuments including St. Mark’s Basilica. The Basilica was once the doge's private chapel for State ceremonies. It is world- famous for the golden Byzantine mosaics and its treasures of art from the East, such as the Golden Altarpiece and the gilded bronze Horses on the loggia.
The Doge's Palace is the most important museum in Venice. It was once the Republic's seat of power, the palace of justice and the official residence of the doge. Considered the most ambitious expression of Venetian Gothic architecture, it is impressive for the sumptuous display of richness and art.
If you are in Venice for the first time, you shouldn't miss this tour!
- Pick up/drop off directly at the cruise port
- Extensive visit of Venice
- Possibility to adapt your schedule (within reason)
- Never miss the ship
- Pick up/drop off directly at your ship gangway
- A fun and informative private English speaking driver to lead you through the day
- Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped Mercedes Benz vehicle
- Free wi-fi and fresh bottled water on board
- All taxes, parking, tolls and gasoline
- No hidden costs
- Entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
- Gratuities (entirely at the client's discretion)
- The above itinerary is just an example and includes the highlights; please feel free to customize it to suit your travel needs, directly with your driver on the day. Being a private tour you will have the complete control of the day with the freedom to choose exactly what to do and see.
- Upon booking you can choose your own departure time. We advise to leave around 08.00 AM
- No charge or penalty for tours cancelled at least 7 days in advance
- 6 to 3 days prior - 50% of cost of service
- 48 hours or less or NO SHOW - full forfeiture
- No charge or penalty if your ship will not dock in port due to unforeseen circumstances (weather conditions, itinerary change, etc.)
Your ship gangway (your driver will be waiting for you on the pier, holding a sign with your name on it).