Hop on Hop off and Grand Diocletian tour (bus &walking tour)
Join us on our panoramic city bus & walking tour and see the most important and beautiful sites in Splits surrounding.
Split is a town of ancient history, built and preserved over the course of 1700 years by its loving inhabitants. But, that is only the heart of a city far more interesting.
This tour is composed of 2 parts:
- The only way to experience Split as a whole, beyond the walls of Diocletian’s Palace, is on our open-top live-guided sightseeing bus. On this tour you can see the places that ordinary tours would never show you. It starts from the Promenade and includes panoramic drive along the sandy beach Bacvice, sports facilities built for the Mediterranean Games (Sport centre Gripe, Football stadium) and museums (Maritime, Archaeological, Mestrovic Gallery).
The drive continues along the slopes of hill Marjan, covered in a dense Mediterranean pine forest and completely surrounded by the city and the sea, making it a unique sight. From the slopes of Marjan you can enjoy amazing sight of the islands, untouched nature and smell of Mediterranean herbs. The tour finishes in the city centre (Promenade).
- After the bus tour you get off in the city center (Promenade) and you go with the local guide on a walking tour in Diocletian palace, the most precious monument in our city, protected by UNESCO.
Walking tour stops: 1.Southern part of Diocletian’s palace, Bronze Gates 2. Diocletian’s cellars 3.Peristyle, 4. The Vestibul of the Emperor’s Palace, 5. The Mausoleum / St. Dujam’s Cathedral, 6.Cathedral Treasury, 7.The Temple of Jupiter / Baptistery, 8. The Silver Gates, 9.Papalic Palace/City Museum of Split, 10. Golden gates, St. Martin’s Church, 11. Chapel of Arnir the Blessed, 12. People’s Square / Piaca, the Town hall, Karepić house, 13. Iron Gates, Chapel of Our Lady of Belfry, 14. Fruit square, Venetian castle, Milesi Palace, Monument of Marko Marulić.
Bus tour stops
- Bacvice- sandy beach
- Sport Centre Gripe & Maritime Museum
- Archaeological Museum
- Football Stadium “Poljud”
- Beach Bene
- Mestrovic Gallery
- Zvončac and Sustipan (old cemetery)
- St. Francis church and monastery
- Open top bus tour
- Walking tour
- Local English speaking guide on both tours
- Meals, drinks
- DEPARTURE TIME: 10.00 AM
- The meeting point is always on the pier in front of the cruiser ship or at the place of disembarkation from the ship