Perfect small group tour for passengers visiting Santorini by cruise ship. During 6 hours you get to stroll through traditional villages, sip the famous wines of the island and marvel at the great views from Oia
Your journey begins at the cable car station, where your knowledgeable, friendly guide will pick you up. Together you head to Megalochori on the southern part of the island, which is the center of the wine growing area, to explore this traditional village with it's iconic architecture.
Continue to the medieval town of Pyrgos, famous for it's narrow and labyrinthine paths, and visit an old Venetian castle. You will enjoy panoramic views and learn about the rich history of this charming village.
While in the area you will be treated to a tasting at one of the island's oldest wineries. Sip on award winning wines and local delicacies as you discover how the wine is cultivated and processed. From there you will make your way to Oia, the northern most village of the island, known for its unforgettable sunsets that draw visitors from around the globe. Situated on the edge of the caldera, Oia welcomes you with traditional cave houses inside the pumice stone as well as iconic blue-domed churches.
Spend some time strolling through the ruins of Oia Castle as well as the maze of small shops and cafes. Enjoy the scenery on your return trip to Fira as you learn about the island's agriculture, traditions and religion. After the tour you will be dropped off in Fira, take the opportunity to do some shopping or just enjoy the views until your ship's departure.
- Escorting by an English speaking tour director
- A bottle of water
- Wine tasting are included
- Pick up and drop off at the cable car station in Fira
- Tickets for the cable car
- Pick up: Cable car station
- Start time: 9am or 3pm
- Minimum numbers apply
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Children up to 10 years participate for free
- You should wear comfortable walking shoes, a hat and sun blocker
- Price: 100 Euro per person
Santorini cable car station