Oia Experience Semi Private tour
Boat trip from Old port to Ammoudi port of Oia – Oia village – Blue domes – Winery and wine tasting experience – Fira
This tour is specially designed to avoid queuing up at the cable car and getting to Oia within a short period of time, giving you a very good chance not to be there later on when it’s crowded. The tour emphasises in Oia village, where you will spend a total of 2.5 hours but also includes the Santorini wine experience and the Blue Domes in Firostefani. Tour ends in Fira where you can spend time before taking the cable car back to the Old port.
Your qualified fluent in English tour director will be waiting to welcome you at the pier of the Old port at the point where your ship’s tender boats will let you off. Instead of taking the cable car, enjoy 20 minutes of cruising along the coastline of the 1,000 feet cliff on the gulf of the Caldera. Admire the spectacular view of the island from sea level, as the black cliff towers above you and take pictures of the houses that hang like grapes from the edge of the cliff.
You will then arrive at Ammoudi, the picturesque fishing port of Oia. It will take you less than 10 minutes with your private minibus to drive up to the village of Oia. Your local expert tour director will orientate you and give you information about the island of Santorini and Oia village, and then you will be free to wander around and explore on your own. The village of Oia is full of narrow streets, which typifies the white-painted houses of the Cyclades. In many cases they are built directly into niches which are cave houses used by the crew of the ships, on the lip of the volcanic crater, between which are narrow alleys and blue-roofed churches with cupolas and neoclassical mansions that used to be captain’s houses in the 19th century.
After you gather all together again, you will drive south towards a local winery, and along the way you will make a photo stop at Firostefani to take pictures at the most famous blue dome Christian Orthodox church of the island.
Continuing the drive you will visit the one of the most famous wineries in Santorini. It is the first industrial winery of the island, built in 1947, and is the culmination of a rich family tradition with the recently revamped buildings. The exceptional architectural structure is combined with the history of one of the most important wine producers in the Aegean. The winery is located in the most breathtaking location offering incredible vistas over the caldera and volcanic islands. Then you will all get back to your vehicle and drive back to Fira.
Once back at Fira your tour director will show you the way to the cable car, and also provide you a map of Fira, in case you would like to spend some time exploring the alleys.
Your transportation vehicle will be an agile Mercedes Sprinter or similar minibus, driven by an experienced professional non-smoking driver. Throughout the tour you will be accompanied by a fluent in English qualified tour director, who will provide interesting commentary on board. Your tour director will give you a tour of Oia village and the winery. Smaller vehicles may be used for 6 or less participants.
- Cruise along the cliff for 20 minutes
- Visit Oia village
- Wine tasting experience at a local winery
- Photo stop at the Blue Domes at Firostefani
- Boat to Oia
- Throughout escorting by an English speaking tour director
- The wine tour and tasting in Venetsanos winery
- Tickets for the cable car
- Minimum 6 people (to guarantee the departure), maximum 18 participants per guide
- For your exploration in Santorini we have selected local expert tour directors to show you the insights of the places that you will visit and also provide all necessary tips and suggestions for you to make the most of your time while on your own.
- Booking your tour with us, you contribute to the local economy, of the place that you are visiting and of Greece
- We have a guarantee to return in time for the passengers to embark their cruise ship otherwise we cover all expenses to take them safely to the next port of call.
- Money back guarantee in case the cruise ship doesn't make port due to weather conditions or Greek workers strike.
- All of our guests are covered by liability insurance.
- All our vehicles are of the latest technology, no older than five years of age, fully air-conditioned, driven by professional, experienced, non-smoking drivers.
- We have scheduled our departure timing to beat the crowds at the sights.
- We always arrive 30' earlier than the ship’s scheduled arrival to welcome our guests in case they come out earlier.
- You do not need to print your voucher - just present your e-voucher on your smartphone or tablet on the day of travel
Prices and availability
Departure according to cruise shedule
Price per personfrom € 82,00
Infants up to 3 years old join for FREEFREE