Best of Santorini Semi Private tour
IN ABOUT 5 HOURS TIME YOU WILL SEE THE BEST OF SANTORINI - up to 18 people per group
The island of diverse beauty and enchanting sunsets, the stunning view from the villages hanging of the 1000 feet cliff, the beaches of red and black sand, the volcano with the hot springs and the famous wine tradition that goes back to the ancient years.
We have designed a 5 hour Santorini island tour during which you will discover the many attractions that the island has to offer. Drive up to the monastery of Prophet Elias, built in 1712 on the highest peak of the island. The monastery is not open to the public but from there you will admire a stunning view of the whole island and take pictures. Continuing your drive you will enter an off-the-beaten-track walk through one of the most picturesque villages of the island, Megalochori, that existed from the 17th century. The village remains unspoiled and preserves the characteristics and beauty of the traditional architecture, as you will see historical homes and mansions with high walls and thick wooden door entrances, built for privacy and to offer safety against the marauding pirates.
After a walk through Megalochori you will proceed to Venetsanos winery. On the way, during August, you will be able to see the grapes being handpicked from the vineyards.The Venetsanos winery, the first industrial winery of the island built in 1947, is the culmination of a rich family tradition with the recently revamped buildings. The exceptional architectural structure is combined with the history of one of the most important wine producers in the Aegean. The winery is located in the most breathtaking location offering incredible vistas over the caldera and volcanic islands.
Then drive to the village of Oia and walk along its narrow streets, which typifies the white-painted houses of the Cyclades. In many cases they are built directly into niches which are cave houses used by the crew of the ships, on the lip of the volcanic crater, between which are narrow alleys and blue-roofed churches with cupolas and neoclassical mansions that used to be captain’s houses in the 19th century. Your tour director will give you narrations and will let you explore the magnificent Oia and take "millions" of pictures. Since Santorini gets extremely crowded during summer and when cruise ships arrive there, plus most of its roads are narrow and windy, some times there might be traffic along the way. In an opposite case and with the itinerary going as normal, we try to offer you about one hour and a half of free time in Oia.
Finally return to Fira where your tour will end. You can either spend time exploring Fira village on your own or you can take the cable car (not included) to return to your ship. Your tour director will give you tips and suggestions so you will be able to make good use of your time.
Your transportation vehicle will be an agile Mercedes Sprinter or similar minibus, driven by an experienced professional non-smoking driver. Throughout the tour you will be accompanied by a fluent in English qualified tour director, who will provide interesting commentary on board. Your tour director will give you a tour of Oia village and the winery. Smaller vehicles may be used for 6 or less participants.
Join us so we will all form a small group of explorers and discover the hidden beauties of this unique island.
Santorini awaits you
- Visit the Hill of Prophet Elias
- Walk through Megalochori
- Wine tasting experience at a local winery
- Visit Oia village
- Throughout escorting by an English speaking tour director
- The wine tour and tasting in Venetsanos winery
- Tickets for the cable car
- Minimum 6 people (to guarantee the departure), maximum 18 participants
- Booking your tour with us, you contribute to the local economy, of the place that you are visiting and of Greece
- We have a guarantee to return in time for the passengers to embark their cruise ship otherwise we cover all expenses to take them safely to the next port of call.
- Money back guarantee in case the cruise ship doesn't make port due to weather conditions or Greek workers strike.
- All of our guests are covered by liability insurance.
- All our vehicles are of the latest technology, no older than five years of age, fully air-conditioned, driven by professional, experienced, non-smoking drivers.
- We have scheduled our departure timing to beat the crowds at the sights.
- We always arrive 30' earlier than the ship’s scheduled arrival to welcome our guests in case they come out earlier.
- You do not need to print your voucher - just present your e-voucher on your smartphone or tablet on the day of travel
Prices and availability
Departure according to cruise shedule
Price per personfrom € 68,00
Infants up to 3 years old join for FREEFREE