2 day Jewish Highlights Private Shore Excursion
Jewish Highlights Excursion - this itinerary was carefully combined according to our clients’ feedback
Perfect private shore excursion for everyone who wants to be flexible and not feel rushed! We welcome you to explore Saint-Petersburg at your own pace, with no rushing, having enough time for photo stops, walking, shopping and enjoying lunch! No Russian Visa required!
Itineraries vary because of museums day-offs.
|8:30 am||Meeting by the ship. (Please note: the start time of the tour is given approximately and will be adjusted depending on your ship arrival time). The guide of this tour will be either of Jewish origin or closely connected with the Jewish community. City tour of St Petersburg. During this tour you will learn a lot about the life of Jewish community in St Petersburg in present and in the past. Tour of the Grand Choral Synagogue.|
|10:30 am - 11:00 am||Drive to Peterhof|
|11:00 am - 12.30 pm||Guided tour of the Upper Gardens and Lower Fountain Park|
|12:30 pm - 1:30 pm||Lunch (expenses not included)|
|1:30 pm - 2:30 pm||Driving to Pushkin city with a stop near Holocaust monument in the center of the town|
|2:30 pm - 4:00 pm||Inside guided tour of Catherine Palace with the Amber Room|
|4:00 pm - 5:00 pm||Driving to the city. A visit to the subway station and a farmers market|
|5:00 pm||Return to the ship or evening optional program (theatre / folk show / boat trip)|
|8:30 am||Meeting by the ship. Shopping. Drive to Hermitage museum|
|10:00 am - 11:30 am||Guided tour of the State Hermitage Museum (early admission). In order to minimize the flow of tourists inside the museum, the Hermitage authorities reserve the right to adjust the entrance time slot.|
|12:00 pm - 12:30 pm||Russian lunch (expenses not included)|
|1:00 pm - 2:00 pm||The Jewish section at the Russian Museum of Ethnography where you can learn about history and culture of the Jewish people on the territory of Russia.|
|2:30 - 3:30 pm||A visit to the Jewish community center (either MAOR or ESOD)|
|4:00 pm||Return to the ship|
Museum days off during which substitution will apply:
- Mondays - Hermitage museum
- Tuesdays - Catherine's Palace
- Wednesdays - Spilled blood Cathedral
During this two day program you will get to know:
- Present and past history of St Petersburg and its founder Peter the Great
- St Petersburg as the cultural capital of Russia and Soviet Union
- The life of the Jewish community in St. Petersburg during the present and past
- History and culture of the Jewish people on the territory of Russia
- Soviet Regime: Lenin and Stalin
- Modern life in Russia and St Petersburg: transportation, housing, educational system, health care system,family life – don’t hesitate to ask any questions
- Admission fees to all museums in the program, metro visit
- Early admission to the Hermitage Museum
- Guide’s services for 2 days
- Driver’s services for 2 day (Comfortable car/ minivan with A/C)
- Photo and video permissions at the museums
- Blanket visas
- All port fees
- All local taxes
- Headsets for the groups of 10 and up
- One bottle of water per person per day
- Cost of lunches. It's recommended to add lunch if your group is 8 people+. The additional cost is $20 per person per 1 lunch/ or $30 per person per 1 lunch in an upscale restaurant
- Kids under 6 yo are traveling for free, elder kids and students (7-21 yo) receive 30$ off the cost of the tour. Students must have an ISIC card.
- PLEASE, LET US KNOW ABOUT STUDENTS IN YOUR GROUP IN ADVANCE SO THAT WE CAN RESERVE THE RIGHT TICKETS FOR THEM.
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price. The sum you wish to give to your guide and driver after a well-done tour should be up to the western standards (approximately 15%). It is a good idea to divide gratuity between your guide and driver and give it separately to them: 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver. Please have some cash with you (USD, EUR or RUB) for this reason.
- The order of museum visits may change depending on availability of entrance tickets, museums days-off, traffic situation in the city. Museums also reserve the right to shift an entrance time on a very short notice, but you will still visit all the venues listed on the itinerary.
Pick up at the cruise terminal of St-Petersburg