Athens Full Day Group tour Piraeus port
Discover spectacular UNESCO World Heritage monuments in Athens
After meeting with your professional guide, start your journey in the birthplace of Western civilization, Athens the capital of Greece.
To avoid long queues we go directly to the Acropolis, the sacred rock of Athens. We will see the Parthenon that was dedicated to the goddess Athena, Propylaea, the monumental entrance to the sacred area, the temple of Athena Nike which was dedicated to Athena-Nike, the Erechtheion with its famous female figures-statues the Caryatids or maidens dedicated both to Athena and Poseidon.
The Acropolis Hill has a view of the Ancient Agora, the Tower of the Winds, Herodes Atticus Odeon, and the Theatre of Dionysus. You will have a chance to see them from Acropolis Hill.
We then drive to the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the largest in ancient Greece, taking over 700 years to build and the Panathenaic Stadium where the first modern Olympic Games were held in 1896. We will see the Prime Minister’s Residence (Maximou Mansion), the former Royal Palace, today the Presidential Mansion on our way to the Parliament House. We continue with the highlights of modern Athens stopping by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Parliament House to see the highly stylized changing of the Presidential Guard called evzones.
Then we will have free time for lunch and souvenir hunting in the oldest and most picturesque neighborhood of Athens, Plaka (stone-paved narrow streets, traditional Greek tavernas -best gyros- antique and souvenir stores) clustered under the slopes of the Acropolis, known as the “Neighborhood of the Gods”.
After Plaka, because of our limited time in Athens, we will visit the Ancient Agora which was formerly the commercial hub of ancient Athens and birthplace of politics and philosophy.
Drive back to the port and end of services
- See the best of Athens in short time
- Group tour during your cruise to Athens
- Professional licensed guides
- English speaking guide
- All transportation in Greece by private A/C vehicles
- Local Taxes
- Parking Fees
- Entrance fees
- It is suggested to bring a bottle of water and sunscreen with you.
- Please have flat-soled walking shoes and confortable clothes and sun glasses during the tour.
- Plase wear a hat or carry an umbrella with you.
- Touristic attractions such as Acropolis Hill and its surroundings can be very crowded especially during peak season. Please kepp your belonging close to you.
- Please do not accept any gift or present from street vendors. If you accept, they will want to to pay for that or leave a tip.
Entrance Fees to the Sites
- Acropolis: 20-Euro (1st Nov. To 31st March: 10-Euro)
- Acropolis Museum: 5 Euros
Departure Dates and Times
|June||5th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 20th, 21st||07:30|
|June||10th, 12th, 13th||08:30|
|July||6th, 7th, 10th, 18th, 27th, 28th, 31st||07:30|
|July||5th, 12th, 22nd||08:30|
|August||16th, 24th, 26th, 30th||07:30|
|September||7th, 15th, 17th, 24th, 28th, 29th||07:30|
|October||3rd, 11th, 12th, 16th, 19th, 21st, 23rd||07:30|
|October||4th, 9th, 14th||08:30|
Prices and availability
Departure from Piraeus Cruise Port
Price per adultfrom € 79,00
Price per child from 7 - 12 years oldfrom € 39,50
Infants from 0 - 6 years old, join for FREEFREE