Walking Foodie Tour in Palma
One of the best ways to get closer to a place’s history and culture is through food
Nowadays everybody has become aware of this close connection therefore food and travel have never gone more hand in hand than now. We have though out a foodie tour in Palma de Mallorca that will please both your desire to know a little more about this fascinating island as well as discover its rich gastronomic culture. During this walking tour our guide will show around the most emblematic sights of the capital’s historic center as you learn about and of course taste the most representative food both savoury and sweet from the area and the whole island.
During this food and culture tour our knowledgeable guide, who will be awaiting you just by the island’s spectacular cathedral, will take you around many places as she shares with you interesting information about the island and the city of Palma itself. One of these will be a local shop where you will be able to sample Mallorca’s most famous liquor: herbes, an aniseed based liquor packed with mallorcan herbs which is commonly used as a digestif after meals. We will also be taking you to the Gothic quarter where we will find the hidden gem that is the Monastery Santa Clara, known for its confectionery. There you will able to not only sample the delicate biscuit baked by the nuns themselves but also enjoy the small pretty chapel the convent has.
It is impossible to have a foodie tour in Palma de Mallorca without paying a visit to the great colourful Mercat d’Olivar in the center of the old town area. As we are in a location surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea it is of no surprise that what stands out most in this market is both the fish and the seafood. While we walk around we will not miss out on the opportunity to enjoy a tapa and a drink in this vibrant variety of stalls. The gastronomic tour will also include a stroll around Palma’s fishermen district to explore the popular tapas scene there.
- See the famous highlights of Palma
- Visit emblematic locations related to the island’s gastronomy
- Taste local products and tapas
- 4 hour walking tour
- A guide who will assist the client’s during the whole tour sharing information about both gastronomy and culture
- 3 or 4 stops where they will able to taste local products
- A longer stop which will include a tapa and a drink
- Transport from/to the cruise port (it's easy to go on your own)
- Entrance fees to cathedral and other monuments
- This is a private tour with flexible starting times. You can select your starting time upon booking
- The tour starts in front of the Cathedral, in the center of Palma. Here are some options how to get there.