Monreale Cathedral Tour, Catacombs and enjoy our home Typical Sicilian Lunch
This shore excursion combines two great and fascinating monuments
You will first visit the ancient burial chambers of the Capuchin Catacombs filled with thousands of mummified bodies. Later the tour continues to the 12th century Arab-Norman Cathedral in Monreale.
The tour starts at the cruise port of Palermo, where the tour escort and speaking English driver will welcome you in Sicily and take you to the Capuchin monastery outside the center.
By the end of the 16th century the Capuchin monks discovered the mysterious preservative to mummify the dead. The Palermo Capuchin monastery is known worldwide for its unique catacombs that, unlike other similar sites, have become a real attraction for all people visiting Palermo. About eight thousand mummified bodies of men and women are hanging on the walls and are broken down by social class, sex or profession. Maybe a little macabre, but fascinating as well!
After the Catacombs Tour you go on to Monreale, 10 km away from Palermo, to visit the 12th century Dom, majestic example of the Arab-Norman art and architecture in Sicily and the world. The tour continues along the streets of Monreaale Belvedere, to have a wonderful panorama of Palermo.
At 12.30h you come back to Palermo to enjoy a wonderful homemade typical Sicilian lunch in a fascinating historical home.
- Wander around the dark corridors of the Capuchin Catacombs in Palermo
- See thousands of mummified bodies of different sex, profession and social class
- Visit Monreale, home of the 12th century Dome
- Enjoy a great view over Palermo from the Belvedere in Monreale
- Taste some great traditional Silician delicacies during lunch in a fascinating XVII cent building
- After the Lunch you will be informed about the way back to the port ( very close to the location, 10 minutes max walking )
- Private transport from and to the cruise port of Palermo
- Professional tour Escort
- Typical Sicilian lunch made of 3 traditional dishes and a big selection of very good sicilian wines
- Entry tickets to the Catacombs, 3 Eur per person. Monreale Cathedral does does not require any payment for the entrance.
- Minimum 2 participants are required for this tour
Prices and availability
You can choose the departure time
Price per adultfrom € 140,00
Price per child under 12 years oldfrom € 70,00