Naples City & Underground Ruins
Discover the history, the culture of one of the oldest city of Italy
Naples is a combination of historical, artistic, natural and folkloristic beauties in direct contradiction to the poverty that has invested the city after the war. Older than Rome, was founded by the Greeks in the eighth century BC with the name of Parthenopolis.
Its historic center is the largest historical center protected by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, and includes more than 500 churches and several underground tunnels that run through the ancient streets of Roman century.
Meet your tour guide in front of the fountain of Neptune in Municipio Square and enjoy the tour of the historical center with its ancient Greek streets, the Roman underground ruins and the countless churches. Our city boasts different architecture styles due to many invasions and therefore, you will see not only the Greek and Roman area but also the medieval and Baroque areas. At the same time, you will perceive the diversity of religious belief systems co-existing in society, as well: a mixture of Pagan and Christian icons can be seen in San Gregorio Armeno market, where you can also explore several artisan shops.
Besides, the "Neapolitan" culture is expressed in the typical local food as well as in the narrow streets full of players and dancers that will colour your walk with unbelievable effects. After the free time, the tour guide will reach the monumental area of Naples and you will enjoy the view of medieval Angiò's castle and one of the world's best neoclassical theatres, the Theatre of San Carlo. Opposite to the San Carlo's Theatre you will find out the "liberty style shopping center" known as "Galleria Umberto I" and than you will stroll in Via Toledo and Piazza Plebiscito.
The tour lasts around 5/6 hours and includes 2 free time breaks, each of 45 minutes, one for shopping and one for lunch.
When a reservation is made, it is confirmed IMMEDIATELY. Once you have completed the booking, you’ll receive a confirmation voucher by email. You do not need to print your voucher - just present your e-voucher on your smartphone or tablet on the day of travel
- Walk with a local guide
- Discover the history, the culture of one of the oldest city of Italy
- Visit the underground ruins of Naples (San Lorenzo)
- Taste the traditional "Neapolitan street food"
- Live guide
- Underground ruins tickets
- Immediate confirmation by email
- Transportation (this is walking tour)
- Minimum 2 participants per booking are required
- 08:00 First Pickup from the Cruise Terminal
- 08:30 Second Pickup in Piazza Municipio Square - in front of fountain of Neptune
- 08:35 - 08:55 Subway to Piazza Dante
- 09:00 walking through Spaccanapoli with stops in Piazza del Gesù, Piazza San Domenico Maggiore
- 09:30 walking though San Gregorio Armeno Market
- 09:50 visit underground ruins of the Roman Century
- 10:15 - 11:00 Free time for shopping
- 11:15 Visit the famous cathedral, the "Duomo"
- 11:45 come back to the subway
- 12:30 free time for lunch
- 13:30 walking through the Monumental area, Maschio Angioino Castle, Galleria Umberto I, Royal Theatre San Carlo, Via Toledo, Piazza Plebiscito
- 14:30 Back to the meeting point, end of the tour
- We highly recommend to arrive at the meeting point at least 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time
- Tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. Hat and sunscreen in the summer and umbrella in case of rain
Price: 40 euro per adult
children 5-12 -20%
The excursion starts and ends at the cruise port of Naples, in front of the cruise terminal building