Mount Vesuvius Group Tour
THE BEST PLACE TO ENJOY A BREATHTAKING VIEW OF NAPLES CITY AND ITS BAY
Painted over the centuries by various artists, Mt. Vesuvius is the natural landmark of the Bay of Naples. Tragically known as the destroyer of the cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum, the volcano is certainly a "must see" sightseeing place for every tourist. This tour is an unforgettable experience in order to admire the Bay of Naples from the top of the mountain.
The tour starts every day from Naples, after a 2nd stop in Pompeii to pick other passengers up. The driver will lead you up to the slopes of the mountain where you will stop in a local restaurant with a breathtaking view of the Bay of Naples. Taste local food and enjoy the wine of the vineyards located on the mountain. The Vesuvius area is still today characterized by the presence of old wine varieties in many vineyards. Every wine (from Lacryma Christi to Caprettone) is able to tell the history of the area and can be conceived as an ambassador of the culture and traditions of the territory.
The tour will continue to reach 1000 m altitude where the guide will help you with the purchase of the tickets to visit the crater. From the tickets office you will walk to the real top of the volcano to see the crater and listen to the explanation of the professional National Park guide. You will admire the summit of Mount Somma (1133 m) and to the right the cone of Vesuvius (1281 m), both separated by a valley, called Valley of the Giant. After 2 hours free time to reach the summit and take photos, you can reach the parking area, where the driver will pick you up and drive you back to Naples.
When a reservation is made, it is confirmed IMMEDIATELY. Once you have completed the booking, you’ll receive a confirmation voucher by email. You do not need to print your voucher - just present your e-voucher on your smartphone or tablet on the day of travel
- Pick up and drop off in the cruise port of Naples
- Professional explanation by a vulcanological guide
- Stunning views over the areaEasy booking, immediate confirmation, great service.
- Roundtrip transfer from the meeting point
- live guide
- bottled water
- lunch with wine tasting
- Immediate confirmation by email
- Mt. Vesuvius entrance fee (€10-16 per person)
- Lunch, gratuities
Minimum 2 participants per booking are required
- 11:00 Check-in
- 11:30 Tour departure
- 12:20 Stop in Pompeii for 2nd pickup
- 12:30 Drive up the slopes of the Mt Vesuvius and stop in a local restaurant with view of the bay of Naples
- 12:50 - 13:30 Wine tasting and lunch
- and drive up the slopes of the Mt. Vesuvius
- 13:30 Drive up to 1000 meters and reach the parking for buses
- 13:50 - 15:50 Free time to hike up the serpentine that reach the crater, time for the tour with a guide of the Mt. Vesuvius National Park.
- 16:00 Meet the bus at the parking
- 16:00 - 16:45 Drive back to Naples
Times indicated and order of the visits are subject to possible changes due to traffic, strikes, meteorological conditions, etc
We offer this tour in 3 different flavors. The choice is yours:
- You can book the Regular Tour and join a group up to 40 persons.
- You can book it as a Small Group Tour and join a group of maximum 16 persons.
- Or you can book it as a VIP Small Group Tour and join a group of maximum 8 participants.
The excursion starts and ends at the cruise port of Naples, in front of the cruise terminal building