Montecassino Abbey Private Tour from Naples
The breathtaking monastery was established by Saint Benedict 1,500 years ago, making it one of Europe's oldest monasteries
The beautiful Abbey of Montecassino is well worth a visit...
Dramatically located in the mountains of Lazio, this breathtaking abbey was the first monastery of the Benedectine Order.
Few years later, Montecassino Abbey has experienced more than its fair share of traumatic events. The abbey was sacked by invading Lombards and the residing monks fled to Rome. During World War II, the abbey was the site of one of the most tragic battles of the European theater of the war. That time abbey was almost completely destroyed. It was totally rebuilt after the war and is now a major destination for tourists, pilgrims and history buffs.
At the moment it is a working monastery and active pilgrimage site, housing the remains of Saint Benedict and his twin sister, Saint Scholastica, which have managed to survive the events of the abbey’s long history.
Montecassino Abbey (Abbazia di Montecassino) is located about 100 km (63 miles) from Naples. It is open every day; hours vary by season. The church is closed during mass, though visitors are welcome to attend the mass. In winter, the museum is only open on Sundays. Guests are asked to wear appropriate church clothing and to not eat or drink while inside.
When a reservation is made, it is confirmed IMMEDIATELY. Once you have completed the booking, you’ll receive a confirmation voucher by email. You do not need to print your voucher - just present your e-voucher on your smartphone or tablet on the day of travel
- Pick up and drop off at Naples cruise port
- Experience the laid-back lifestyle of the Mediterranean
- See one of Europe's oldest monasteries
- Easy booking, immediate confirmation, great service
- Pickup from Naples cruise port
- Roundtrip transportation from/to meeting point
- English speaking driver (other languages on request)
- Parking fee
- Immediate confirmation by email
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
- Parking for vehicle bigger then 9 seats
- Times indicated and order of the visits are subject to possible changes due to traffic, strikes, meteorological conditions, etc
- Guests are asked to wear appropriate church clothing and to not eat or drink while inside
320 euro - 1-3 pax
360euro- 4-8 pax
470euro- 9-18 pax
550euro- 19-29 pax
620euro- 30-40 pax
620euro- 41-54 pax
The excursion starts and ends at the cruise port of Naples, in front of the cruise terminal building