Amalfi, Positano & Sorrento Private Shore Excursion from Naples Port
A FIRST-CLASS AND WORRY-FREE EXCURSION TO ENJOY THE AMALFI COAST
Enjoy a private shore excursion directly from your ship in Naples. Our expert and courteous, English-speaking driver will pick you up in a luxury vehicle and take you to visit the very best highlights of Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento.
Your driver will pick you up at the exit of the cruise terminal building in Naples and driving through the coastal road you will reach Sorrento. From here you'll have the chance to admire spectacular views of the entire bay of Naples and the Island of Capri.
Once in the centre of the town you'll see the shopping area for the local people as well as tourists, with many shops Sorrento seemed to inherit the traditional Neapolitan pizza from their neighboring city, therefore the Pizzeria’s in town are highly recommended, otherwise, the famous restaurant Don Alfonso that holds 3 Michelin stars, is located in the nearby village of Sant’Agata. Sorrento, also being a city from the past, has an interesting history museum “Correale di Terranova” that can be visited in the morning.
Driving down-hill directly through Positano descending the winding one-way road, bypassing many local restaurants, leads to the heart of the town - the busy central Piazza dei Mulini that is connected to a narrow downhill path and some occasional flights of steps that lead to the seafront. At Piazza dei Mulini, you must leave the car as all streets leading to the waterfront are for pedestrians only. The only way to reach restaurants situated on the beach that serve fish that have been pulled out of the sea the same morning, such as La Cambusa and Chez Black, is to go by foot! These streets also lead to the cathedral, shops selling ceramics, lemons, shoes and “Positano fashion” clothing. Positano is alive at night as well as during the day with exotic nightclubs such as “Music on the Rocks” and various bars and cafés that remain open until the sun begins to rise over the horizon. There is a short walk back uphill in order to return to the car and this time, ascending the mountain, returning to the main coastal road that leads to Amalfi.
The coastal road that begins after Sorrento, runs through Positano, the fishing villages of Praiano, Furore and Conca dei Marini, and continues until it reaches the busy square of Amalfi which is situated on the seafront - the port and a long stretch of pebbled beach. In front of the port of Amalfi, there is the one and only bus station along the coast. Behind this square lies the main shopping street of Amalfi, that terminates at the furthest and highest point of the town. Along the pedestrian street are various bars and cafés, not to mention the many shops selling limoncello, casual clothing, swimwear, gifts, basic groceries, and of course, ceramics.
However, if one would like to see more than just shops, Amalfi has some interesting sights to explore: the most spectacular cathedral along the coast, the paper factory and its museum. There are also some highly recommended local restaurants, such as Lido Azzuro, Ciccio Cielo Mare e Terra or Il Pesce d’oro, that serve only local cuisine (in particular, fish dishes), otherwise, for the more refined type, there is the restaurant La Caravella that holds one Michelin star.
At the end of the day, the driver will bring you back on time to board your ship in Naples.
- Pick up/drop off directly at the cruise port
- Extensive visit of Amalfi Coast: Sorrento, Positano and Amalfi
- Possibility to adapt your schedule (within reason)
- A fun and informative private English speaking driver to lead you through the day
- Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped Mercedes Benz vehicle
- All taxes, parking, tolls and gasoline
- No hidden costs
- Entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
- Gratuities (entirely at the client's discretion)
- The above itinerary is just an example and includes the highlights; please feel free to customize it to suit your travel needs, directly with your driver on the day. Being a private tour you will have the complete control of the day with the freedom to choose exactly what to do and see.
- Upon booking you can choose your own departure time. We advise to leave around 08.00 AM
- No charge or penalty for tours cancelled at least 7 days in advance
- 6 to 3 days prior - 50% of cost of service
- 48 hours or less or NO SHOW - full forfeiture
- No charge or penalty if your ship will not dock in port due to unforeseen circumstances (weather conditions, itinerary change, etc.)