The Godfather & Taormina Tour from Messina cruise port
IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THE GODFATHER SAGA
A must for the lovers of 'The Godfather'. You visit one of the most beautiful Italian villages where Francis Ford Coppola filmed a few scenes of his famous film. You will also visit Taormina with Corso Umberto and its exclusive shops and famous bars. You will admire the wonderful landscape and Isola Bella, a nature riserve-Unesco Heritage.
A must for the lovers of 'The Godfather' is undoubtedly the ancient village of Savoca which rises up on a hill, about 300 mt on the sea level between the rivers Agrò and Savoca. Here in 1972 some scenes of the famous film 'The Godfather' were shot by Francis Ford Coppola with some famous actor such as Al Pacino and Marlon Brando. In the film you can see the church of St. Nicholas, the streets of the historic centre and the palace Trimarchi where the Bar Vitelli, mentioned in the novel written by Mario Puzo was reproduced. Today Savoca has become very popular thanks to its picturesque places and especially the Bar Vitelli (where there is still the old sign "Bar Vitelli") which still keeps the architectural and aesthetic features of the past when the famous scenes were filmed.
The tour continues to the charming Taormina with its ancient Corso Umberto, the Greek-Roman theatre, its exclusive shops. A walk along its narrow and picturesque streets is a must to discover the beauties of the pearl of the Mediterranean.
At the end of the tour there will be a short visit of the historic centre of the city: the square of the cathedral with the biggest astronomical clock in the world, the church of the Catalans which is an extraordinary example of Arab-Norman art and the panoramic terrace between the Shrine of Christ the King and the Sanctuary of Montalto where you can admire the Strait of Messina.
Departure times are set according to arrival of cruise ships. Whatever time your ship arrives please get to the meeting point as soon as possible. The bus will depart 30 minutes after your ship docks.
- pick up and drop off at Messina cruise port
- visit the sites where scenes of the Godfather saga were filmed
- taste the local life in Taormina
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Minimum number of 8 people per tour applies. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough total passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Meals not included
Prices and availability
Departure time is 30 minutes after your cruise ship docks
Price per adultfrom € 69,00
Price per child from 6 - 12 years oldfrom € 40,00
Infants from 0 - 5 years old join for FREEFREE