Taormina & Mt. Etna Private Shore Excursion from Messina Port
A FIRST-CLASS AND WORRY-FREE EXCURSION TO SEE THE BEST HIGHLIGHTS OF TAORMINA AND MOUNT ETNA VOLCANO
Don’t miss the chance to take a private shore excursion from Messina to see one of the world’s most active volcanoes! Mount Etna, majestic and fascinating, was considered by the Ancient Greeks to be the realm of the Vulcan god of fire. Unpredictable and ever-changing, this mountain rises well over 6500 feet above sea level, making it the highest mountain in Europe, after the Alps.
Today your English-speaking driver in one of our luxury vehicles will take you to tour this remarkable area from the port of Messina. You will pass through the town of Giarre and then through the village of Zafferana before arriving at the Cratere Silvestri which is about 6000 feet above sea level. The strange, lunar landscape is well worth a stop to take some photos of your tour. After your stop here, you will continue your shore excursion to one of Sicily’s most beautiful places - Taormina.
This charming and picturesque town has been a world famous resort since the end of the 19th century. Known for its unspoiled natural beauty and climate as well as its excellent hospitality, the inhabitants have managed to preserve their local culture and ancient history while providing efficient modern organization. Enjoy the outdoor cafés and maybe a delicious lunch tasting some of the local specialties.
You will tour the ancient theater built by the Greeks during the 3rd century BC, but later changed into an amphitheater by the Romans. From here you can see a magnificent view of the bay of Naxos and Mount Etna, so take out your cameras again! Next your shore excursion driver will bring you to visit the Palazzo Corvaia. This palace built in the 14th and 15th centuries represents several different architectural styles - Arab, Gothic, and Norman. Behind the nearby church, you can visit the ruins of a small Roman theatre.
At the end of this busy day, your driver will bring you comfortably back to your ship at the port of Messina.
- Pick up/drop off directly at your ships gangway
- Extensive visit of Mount Etna and Taormina
- Possibility to adapt your schedule (within reason)
- A fun and informative private English speaking driver to lead you through the day
- Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped Mercedes Benz vehicle
- All taxes, parking, tolls and gasoline
- No hidden costs
- Entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
- Gratuities (entirely at the client's discretion)
- The above itinerary is just an example and includes the highlights; please feel free to customize it to suit your travel needs, directly with your driver on the day. Being a private tour you will have the complete control of the day with the freedom to choose exactly what to do and see.
- Upon booking you can choose your own departure time. We advise to leave around 08.00 AM
- No charge or penalty for tours cancelled at least 7 days in advance
- 6 to 3 days prior - 50% of cost of service
- 48 hours or less or NO SHOW - full forfeiture
- No charge or penalty if your ship will not dock in port due to unforeseen circumstances (weather conditions, itinerary change, etc.)
Prices and availability
You can choose your departure time
Private tour for 1 - 2 people
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 1 - 2 people.from € 490,00
Private tour for 3 - 4 people
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 3 - 4 people.from € 550,00
Private tour for 5 - 6 people
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 5 - 6 people.from € 600,00
Private tour for 7 - 8 people
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 7 - 8 people.from € 650,00