Segway PT Tour Messina
In just a couple of hours and without any effort you will see the highlights of Messina. You stay close to the docking area while gliding along the piazzas, churches and famous monuments in the company of a professional guide.
Your excursion starts at Via Castellammare -satellite coordinates 38°11'29.2"N 15°33'22.3"E-, near Via Garibaldi, next to the Catalani Church, where the guide will wait for you. If you are on a cruise to Messina, you can easily reach it on foot from the docking area.
One of the most famous landmarks of Messina is the Cathedral with its astronomical clock. It’s beautifully located on Piazza Duomo with the fountain of Orion. Before arriving there you will follow the guide to Piazza Cairoli - the commercial center of the town – and Piazza Pugliatti where you can see the Court of Justice and the University of Messina.
Next you will reach the Church of the Annunziata dei Catalani with its typical cupola passing in front of the Baroque fountains. Before arriving at Piazza Antonello – enclosed by neoclassical palaces – you will see the monument of Don Juan of Austria.
The guide will take you to the medieval church San Francesco d’Assisi after passing by Monte di Pièta, a beautiful Baroque palace. Gliding through the public gardens you will reach Piazza Unita d’Italia with the fountain of Neptune and the Palace of the Government.
From there you move back to Piazza Municipio paying attention to the statue of Ferdinand de Bourbon and the Teatro Vittorio Emanuele.
For those who can’t get enough we propose 3 possible extended tours which you can arrange on the spot with the local staff
1) Shopping – Viale San Martino
2) Panoramic view – Montalto Church
3) North Coast - Museum
- Discover the highlights of Messina in a convenient and eco-friendly way
- We guarantee a top quality service and the high competence of the supplying team
- This is the best way to see Messina
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people ensures a more personalized experience
- 30-minute orientation session
- Use of helmet (optional)
- Ponchos (in case of rain)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees for museums, monuments
- 3-hour Segway tour in Messina
- Suitable for all fitness levels
- Free cancellation possible up to 48 hours prior to departure
- Minimum age to drive Segway is 14 years
- There’s a departure at 10.00h in the morning and 15.00h in the afternoon
Via Castellammare, near Via Garibaldi, next to the Catalani Church