Etna & Taormina Tour from Messina cruise port
VISIT TWO TOP SIGHTS ON 1 DAY
Join this extraordinary opportunity to discover and visit Mt. Etna, the biggest active volcano in Europe. Make a stop at Taormina to see the Greek Theatre, Corso Umberto and its exclusive shops and famous bars. You will admire the wonderful landscape and Isola Bella, a nature reserve and UNESCO Heritage site.
With a 1.5 hour transfer, we will reach the slopes of Etna, the highest volcano of Europe (more than 3.300 mt). During the tour, we will pass through the village of Zafferana Etnea that rises up on the southern side of the volcano. From here we will enjoy the beautiful views of Etna and the wonderful coast below.
Then we will reach the mountain refuge Sapienza at the altitude of 1.900 mt. Here you will be free to visit the famous Silvestri craters, placed in a wonderful typical lunar landscape. These craters were formed after the eruption of 1892 and are namend after Prof. Orazio Silvestri.
Once the 1.5 hour visit of the volcano finishes, we will head to Taormina. Here you can have a walk along Corso Umberto (the ancient roman street Valeria) and a visit on your own to the Greek-roman theater, the oldest churches and monuments, the most exclusive shops, famous restaurants, pastries and ice cream shops to taste typical Sicilian specialties and sweets. You will be enchanted by Taormina, the charming pearl of the Mediterranean, which is always capable to seduce even the most inattentive visitor.
Departure times are set according to arrival of cruise ships. Whatever time your ship arrives please get to the meeting point as soon as possible. The bus will depart 30 minutes after your ship docks.
- pick up and drop off at Messina cruise port
- visit the biggest active volcano in Europe
- taste the local life in Taormina
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Live commentary on board
- Trapper assurance
- Liability insurance
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Tips and personal extra
- What is not being specified in “Included in the price”
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Minimum number of 8 people per tour applies. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough total passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 54 people per booking
- meals not included
Prices and availability
Departure time is 30 minutes after your cruise ship docks
Price per adultfrom € 85,00
Price per child from 6 - 12 years oldfrom € 50,00
Infants from 0 - 5 years old join for FREEFREE