Avignon and Chateauneuf du Pape wine tour from Marseille Port
Experience the highlights of Avignon and the medieval village of Chateauneuf du Pape
Enjoy a private Shore Excursion from Marseille port to Avignon and Chateauneuf du Pape. Experience the highlights of Avignon, the Pope city listed by Unesco as World heritage and explore the medieval village of Chateauneuf du Pape famous for its prestigious wine. Wine tasting in several places, winery and cellars during the day.
Discover the ancient fortified Pope city of Avignon with your guide during a walking guided tour of the historic center. You will see the famous Avignon Bridge, the cathedral and garden of the Doms, church Saint Pierre, Horloge square, pope palace and pope city, walking into narrow streets filled with history. You can also decide to visit the Pope palace on your own (1:00 hour with audio-guide) or enjoy a shopping session in the city center.
Châteauneuf du Pape
Drive to the medieval village of Châteauneuf du pape dominated by the ancient pope summer residence, an old castle ruin. Enjoy a panoramic view on the Rhône valley, mount Ventoux and Avignon city. Visit 2 different cellars and a winery located in a 18th century castle where you will enjoy several wines tasting in old cellar used by the Popes at the time they were sovereign in Avignon in the 14th century. The professional sommeliers and owners of the cellars will guide you through tasting of different types of Châteauneuf du Pape wines. Tasting of 7 wines AOC of Chateauneuf du pape, red and white. Lunch at leisure in the village.
At the end of the tour you will return to Marseille port
- Full-day tour with an expert local guide
- Walking guided tour of Avignon old town (Pont Saint-Bénezet and Cathedral Notre-Dame...)
- Visit local wine cellar in Châteauneuf-du-Pape and enjoy a tasting session of the region’s famous wines
- Expert local guide
- Fuel surcharge
- Pick-up and drop-off at your ship
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Entrance fees to monuments and museums
- After your booking is confirmed you'll receive a confirmation voucher with all practical details (starting time, meeting point, how you'll recognize your guide etc)
- Maximum 8 people per van
- Starting time (recommended) 9.00 AM but can be adapted to your cruise schedule
Prices and availability
You can choose the departure time
Private tour for 2 - 8 persons
Price per van, not per person. Price for a private tour for up to 8 persons.from € 620,00