The Cinque Terre Private Shore Excursion from Livorno Port
A FIRST-CLASS AND WORRY-FREE EXCURSION TO THE VERY BEST HIGHLIGHTS OF FLORENCE AND PISA
Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso are the five villages that make up the beautiful Cinque Terre. It is not possible to visit the five villages by car as there is no direct road that connects them and for this reason the villages don’t have a large amount of vehicle traffic and have remained relatively “private” for so long. To enjoy this tour, besides using our vehicle, it will also be necessary to use the train and/or boat services and therefore this itinerary is not suitable for people with limited mobility. The train runs all year round, but the boat is subject to weather conditions.
After many years “experimenting”, the perfect solution for enjoying this beautiful area has been found. Your private English speaking driver will be waiting for you at the pre-arranged time at the cruise port of Livorno, holding a sign with your name on it. Arriving in La Spezia, we will take the panoramic road until we reach Riomaggiore. Along this stretch of road you will be able to see the Golf of La Spezia, vineyards and lovely countryside.
At Riomaggiore, the first of the five villages (south) your driver will leave you but before dropping you off he will give you all the information you will need to visit the towns, including help with tickets, timetables, and maps. You will walk through Riomaggiore to get on the "Via dell'Amore" (Walkway of Love), a famous and romantic easy walkway carved along the cliffs which will take you to the second town, Manarola, in about 15/20 minutes.
From Manarola you can take the train or the boat, unless you want to hike the mountain path, to Vernazza, the 4th of the Five Lands. This is considered the most picturesque of the towns and you should be getting there in time to have your lunch in one of its typical restaurants.
After you get back to the car, you will drive to Portovenere, once called 'Portus Veneris', that is situated in the most western part of the Gulf of La Spezia and is considered one of the most suggestive villages of La Spezia's coast-line. Its origins date back to ancient times. Nowadays Portovenere is a unique resort site, a pleasant combination of a primitive environment and modern equipment, that protect this suggestive and incomparable corner between the sky and sea.
An excellent example is represented by the Byron Cave, hollowed out in the harsh rocks of the shore that conduct to the Cinque Terre. The cave is dedicated to the famous nineteenth century English poet that lauded the beauties of the gulf even if he never visited it. Its original name is Arpaia Cave. From here on, you may turn into the 'carruggio', the typical narrow and winding streets that cross the high part of Portovenere, once called "Castrum Superior". While strolling through the 'carruggio', crossed by three picturesque flights of steps that connect the village to the shore, you may find typical restaurants and meeting places alternated by unique artisans' shops. At the base of the typical tall houses painted with the characteristic local colors, the Calata is the liveliest and most popular area of the village where restaurants, bars and shops are located.
At the end of your visit you'll drive comfortably back to Livorno Port to board your ship.
- Pick up/drop off directly at your ship gangway
- Extensive visit of Florence and Pisa
- Possibility to adapt your schedule (within reason)
- A fun and informative private English speaking driver to lead you through the day
- Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped Mercedes Benz vehicle
- All taxes, parking, tolls and gasoline
- No hidden costs
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance fees, if required - unless otherwise specified
- Optional boat or train tickets
- To enjoy this tour, besides using our vehicle, it will also be necessary to use the train and/or boat services and therefore this itinerary is not suitable for people with limited mobility. The train runs all year round, but the boat is subject to weather conditions.
- Normally we suggest skipping Corniglia, viewing it from the boat, because Corniglia is the only one of the five towns not located on the coast and it can’t be reached directly from here. Naturally if you are interested in visiting Corniglia you can do this from the train station in Manarola where there is a shuttle service (usually very crowded!) that goes up to the village. The more energetic guests may want to climb up the 400 steps (and come down again!) but this takes up a lot of your time in the Cinque Terre and we don’t recommend this.
- Please note: By Italian law, all of the professional drivers are not allowed to leave their vehicles nor walk around with guests acting as a guide to give them detailed explanations of sites they are seeing.
- The above itinerary is just an example and includes the highlights; please feel free to customize it to suit your travel needs, directly with your driver on the day. Being a private tour you will have the complete control of the day with the freedom to choose exactly what to do and see.
- Upon booking you can choose your own departure time. We advise to leave around 08.00 AM
OPTIONALS (IF INTERESTED)
- If you prefer to have someone with you all day long, we can arrange an English-speaking guide to be met on site at an extra cost for the endurance of your stay in the Cinque Terre. Please note that we offer this option only because some clients wish to have this personal assistance and not because it is necessary in order to fully enjoy the day.
- No charge or penalty for tours cancelled at least 7 days in advance
- 6 to 3 days prior - 50% of cost of service
- 48 hours or less or NO SHOW - full forfeiture
- No charge or penalty if your ship will not dock in port due to unforeseen circumstances (weather conditions, itinerary change, etc.)
Prices and availability
You can choose your departure time
Private tour for 1 - 2 people
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 1 - 2 people.from € 490,00
Private tour for 3 - 4 people
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 3 - 4 people.from € 550,00
Private tour for 5 - 6 people
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 5 - 6 people.from € 600,00
Private tour for 7 - 8 people
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 7 - 8 people.from € 650,00