Segway PT Tour Florence
FLORENCE: VISITING THE HISTORICAL CENTRE ON SEGWAY PT! The Segway PT Guided Tour, along the streets of Florence, makes you appreciate the distinguished and cultural atmosphere permeating the town that, more than any other, gave expression to the origins of Italian Renaissance.
After we have got familiarity with our Segway PT to Garage Giglio 1-Via del Giglio 24/R -satellite coordinates 43°46'28.4"N 11°15'07.8"E-, we arrive in San Lorenzo and then to St. John’s Baptistery, with its celebrated gates in gilded bronze.
A not completely “classic” – but definitely curious – route, leads us to the Strozzi palace that, together with the Medici-Riccardi, is the most outstanding example of Florentine Renaissance’s palaces. Its elegant and sharp shapes made in degrading rustication, give an idea of solidity at the base of the buildings and of gradual lightening towards the top.
We reach via de’ Tornabuoni that marks the ancient Roman walls’ western path, and take a look at the stroll amid the shops that represent the most famous brands of Italian fashion. In piazza della Signoria we can admire palazzo Vecchio’s façade in the background and the inner court of the Galleria degli Uffizi, in which some of the Italian pictorial art’s most celebrated masterpieces are preserved.
We follow towards Santa Croce, pantheon of famous Italians, and then, backwards, our course pursues the mirage of Florence’s landmark: the famous dome by Filippo Brunelleschi, who managed to discover designing and building techniques of absolute originality for Renaissance.
We got to the Cathedral, better known by art’s connoisseurs, as Santa Maria del Fiore, with the Giotto’s bell tower; and we finally are back to the Baptistery, with the world-famous Paradise Gate on its Eastern side.
- Discover the highlights of Florence in a convenient and eco-friendly way
- We guarantee a top quality service and the high competence of the supplying team
- This is the best way to see Florence
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people ensures a more personalized experience
- 30-minute orientation session
- Use of helmet (optional)
- Ponchos (in case of rain)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees for museums, monuments
- 3-hour Segway tour in Florence
- Suitable for all fitness levels
- Free cancellation possible up to 48 hours prior to departure
- Minimum age to drive Segway is 14 years
- There’s a departure at 10.00h in the morning and 15.00h in the afternoon
Garage Giglio 1-Via del Giglio 24/R