Private Shore Excursion to Chianti Wine Region and San Gimignano from Livorno Port
A PRIVATE TOUR THROUGH THE TUSCAN COUNTRYSIDE TO CHIANTI WINE REGION AND SAN GIMIGNANO
After a mere 45 minutes on the highway you will find yourself on the Chianti Wine Road amidst the lush, rolling countryside.
Your driver will take you through classic sweet hills, surrounded by vineyards and silvery green olive groves, between farms and castles, farmhouses and cypress trees. Enjoy the breathtaking scenery and the spectacle of nature that changes colors every season like a living picture postcard!
You will visit ancients villages that compose Chianti area. Here you can try the typical product of Chianti, his wine, cheeses and olive oil called "Extra-virgine d'oliva".
Before arriving in San Gimignano we will stop in a winery where you can try some wine tasting and light lunch (optional) It's a wonderful experience of flavors. You will have an exclusive and private wine expert (enologo) who will present the wine and he explain the flavors and their origin. The wine tasting, will be accompanied of several local specialties like cold cuts, pecorino cheeses, olive oil and pasta or Ribollita.
In the afternoon you will have free time to explore San Gimignano.
San Gimignano is a famous quiet medieval village. It has descended through time untouched well preserved. Situated among the sweet hills of olives grooves and vineyards (here we have the famous white wine Vernaccia di San Gimignano "made only here")
San Gimignano has served as an important relay point for pilgrims travelling to or from Rome on the Via Francigena. The patrician families who controlled the town built around 72 tower-house (some as high as 50 m) as symbols of their wealth and power. San Gimignano has retained its feudal atmosphere and appearance.
If you like ice-cream (gelato), you will find one of the best ice-cream shops that also won the world championships. Your driver will tell you where exactly it is situated.
We will leave the countryside in time to get to the port. You can rest into the van that will take you back to the ship in Livorno.
- Pick up and drop off at your ship in Livorno cruise port
- Relaxed drive around the beautiful countryside
- Extensive visit of San Gimignano and Chianti wine region
- Wine and local product tasting (optional)
- Personal Professional driver
- Private air conditioned vehicle
- All taxes, tolls, parking fees, fuel are included
- Meals, drinks and any other personal purchase
- Entrance fees, if required
- Visit of the Verrazzano estate, wine tasting and light lunch (optional)
- Pick up time: according to your ship schedule. Suggested: 08.00 AM. You can choose your pick up time upon booking
- Customized shore excursions, on request. Please, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
- Note: The wine tastings, the lunch and the visit of the Verrazzano estate are extra. It is payable in cash directly to the driver before the beginning of the visit. It costs €35 per person.
Your personal driver will be waiting for you at the port of Livorno directly at the cruise dock, holding a sign with your name on it