Porto Sidecar Shore Excursion
The best way to know Porto
Our Sidecars take you on an exclusive, glamorous & private tour of the entire city, all the way from the historical centre to the ocean.
We pick you up at the cruise ship terminal and explore the ocean front on our way to the city.
The rhythm is slow-paced with a lot of conversation, historical facts and curiosities, lots of stops for photos and to enjoy the views while visiting places where the bus and the big groups don’t go. Next, along the ocean and river front, we'll understand the important connection of the ocean and river Douro to the city’s history. Through the Historical Center, we’ll see places like S.Bento train station, Miragaia, Ribeira and the Stock Exchange Palace.
Then up to the city center, we’ll explore the old neighborhoods like Clérigos and Vitória, learn all the history being them and the great views that Porto has to offer. After, we ́ll cross to Gaia, on the other side of the river, see the D. Luis bridge and the Port wine neighborhood before returning to Porto.
At the end you’ll have a 1.30 hour stop in the city center and you can choose between:
- Some personal time to explore, have lunch and do some shopping;
- A private visit to the Oldest Port Wine company for a private bespoke tour & tasting created for our guests. Here you’ll learn the history of Port Wine and the Cellars, learn about the Douro Valley where Port Wine is grown.
Then you’ll tour the old cellars and see some of the oldest Ports in the world, have access to parts of the cellars closed to the general public and taste 4 Ports to learn their differences. Always with the explanations of a expert guide.
Finally, we take you back to the ship to arrive at 3 p.m as most cruise ships start to depart at 4 p.m.
- Designed for small groups who enjoy exclusive tailored experiences with a knowledgeable private guide
- Our tours use the old neighbourhoods, monuments and facades to illustrate Porto's history, adding the small interesting details you can ́t find in guidebooks
- All at a slow pace, explained through the eyes of your local private guide, João
- Suitable for groups of friends and families (children over 7 years only)
- LGBT friendly
- Oldest Port Wine Company Premium Visit (value 40€)
- Pick-up & Drop off
- Beautiful Sidecar motorcycle
- Private guide & driver
- Helmet, Hairnet,
- Blanket, Raincoat,
- Water bottle
- Passenger Insurance
- Entrance tickets
- The duration of the stop for personal time must be respected in order to guarantee the timely arrival back at the ship
- Start at 10.00 a.m (or at 9.30 AM according to the departure time of the ship)
- 5 hours duration
- Price: 160€ - per sidecar (1 or 2 pax)
Porto Cruise Port