Florence Private Shore Excursion from La Spezia Port
A FIRST-CLASS AND WORRY-FREE EXCURSION TO SEE THE BEST HIGHLIGHTS OF FLORENCE
Departing from the cruiser terminal in La Spezia it takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes to get to Florence. First of all your driver will take you along the Viale dei Colli, we reach the marvelous terrace called Piazzale Michelangelo named after the artist who sculpted the original David statue. Here you get one of the most impressive views of the city. Nearby you can also see the white and green marble façade of the S. Miniato al Monte church - an example of the Florentine Romanesque style.
After leaving the church, we follow an uphill road, bordered by the ancient city walls, until we reach Forte Belvedere, built around 1590 by the Grand-duke Ferdinand to protect the Medici villas. From the Fort, passing the old gate to the city - Porta Romana, we come to the imposing Pitti Palace, which hosts many galleries and museums (Gallery of Modern Art, Costume Gallery, Palatine Gallery, Royal Apartments, Coach Museum, Silver and Porcelain museums, etc.) and a magnificent park called the Boboli Gardens. Next we head for the city center, to Piazza della Repubblica, surrounded by the historical literary cafés, where, long ago, important intellectuals gathered together. Following the Via De' Calzaiuoli, which connects Piazza del Duomo (S. Maria del Fiore, the Baptistery, Giotto's Bell tower) to Piazza Signoria (Palazzo Vecchio, Uffizi(*), La Loggia dei Lanzi) you will be able to admire the best masterpieces of Renaissance art, breathing in the magical atmosphere that only Florence can offer.
Our driver, completely at your disposal, will be more than happy to take you to Piazza Santa Croce to visit the Santa Croce church, where many famous Italians are buried, and afterwards you may take a must-deserved rest. For those who would like to shop or the hungry soul, there are also many shops and “trattoria” to dive into, so everyone in the group can satisfy their desires whether it be a leather jacket or a scrumptious plate of pasta! Shopping, can be a unique experience in Florence.
Walking through its ancient medieval streets, exploring the city's renowned tradition of crafts and family-run businesses. Few cities of comparable size can boast of such a profusion and variety of high quality goods with Italian design.
At this point, you could choose to visit the Academy Museum(*) to take in the original David statue by Michelangelo (the David statues found at Piazzale Michelangelo and in Piazza Signoria are both copies and pale in comparison!), or ride up to visit the ancient Etruscan town of Fiesole above Florence to admire another view or explore the old Roman Amphitheatre.
(*)TIP: If you are interested in the Accademia Museum (David) and/or the Uffizi Gallery, please advise us at the time of the booking so we can provide you the skip the line tickets in order to avoid waiting in lines and maximize your time.
At the end you will drive back to La Spezia cruise port on perfect time to board your ship.
- Pick up/drop off directly at the cruise port
- Extensive visit of Florence
- Possibility to adapt your schedule (within reason)
- Optional Skip The Line Tickets possible
- A fun and informative private English speaking driver to lead you through the day
- Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped Mercedes Benz vehicle
- All taxes, parking, tolls and gasoline
- No hidden costs
- Entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
- Gratuities (entirely at the client's discretion)
- The above itinerary is just an example and includes the highlights; please feel free to customize it to suit your travel needs, directly with your driver on the day. Being a private tour you will have the complete control of the day with the freedom to choose exactly what to do and see.
- Upon booking you can choose your own departure time. We advise to leave around 08.00 AM
OPTIONALS (IF INTERESTED)
- Skip the line tickets for the Accademia Gallery (David) in Florence (closed on Mondays)
- Skip the line tickets for the Uffizi Museum in Florence (closed on Mondays)
- Licensed guide at disposal in Florence (3 hours) to give you more specific and detailed tour of the city/museums/attractions
- No charge or penalty for tours cancelled at least 7 days in advance
- 6 to 3 days prior - 50% of cost of service
- 48 hours or less or NO SHOW - full forfeiture
- No charge or penalty if your ship will not dock in port due to unforeseen circumstances (weather conditions, itinerary change, etc.)