Portofino & Santa Margherita from Genoa Port
A FIRST-CLASS AND WORRY-FREE EXCURSION TO ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL PORTOFINO & SANTA MARGHERITA
Portofino has attracted writers, movie stars, and international celebrities from all over the world. The village, the square, the villas hidden amongst the olive groves, Portofino is worldly and private, a perfect combination; simple as a fishing village but dramatic and elegant at the same time. Portofino is a mixture of landscapes made up of tall, delicately colored buildings and a deep green sea backed by Monte Portofino.
Your driver will meet you in Genoa port with a sign with your name on it. He will take you to the “Piazzetta”, the center stage of life in Portofino. This is where everyone meets for an aperitivo, where everyone wants to see and be seen. You will enjoy the site of the yachts and other luxury boats bobbing in the harbor once used for fishing boats and now for one of the most famous and exclusive resorts in the world.
Besides the Piazzetta you won’t want to miss a visit to the Brown Castle and a walk to the church of St. George and to the lighthouse. A five minute walk will bring you from the harbor to the Church of San Giorgio that houses relics of the dragon-slayer St. George. From here you will stop at the Brown Castle. Also called the Giorgio Fortress, this castle was built in 1554 in a dominant position. To get to the lighthouse you will continue walking along the same path to the very top of the promontory until you reach the “Punto del Capo” and the lighthouse. There are some magnificent views here and you will love taking photos.
Another wonderful shopping opportunity awaits you in Portofino. This small town has many elegant boutiques with all kinds of wares, clothing, and jewelry. If you don’t like shopping, enjoy a short break in one of the cafés and do some people-watching.
After Portofino, your driver will make a stop at Santa Margherita Ligure. This is another ancient fishing village that has become an exclusive vacation spot. Built on the Gulf of Tigullio, in a beautiful setting between Rapallo and Portofino, Santa Margherita may have Roman origins. The discovery of a cinerary urn from the 3rd century gives credence to these origins. In Medieval times, the town was divided into two sections - one for each bay. Today the town spreads across from bay to bay in all its splendor with its characteristic liberty style and fishermen’s houses. Here you will have a chance to admire the Ligurian coast - the emerald green water and picturesque landscapes and the immense 16th century castle.
At the end of your day, your driver will bring you back to your ship.
- Pick up/drop off directly at the cruise port
- Extensive visit of Portofino and Santa Margherita
- Possibility to adapt your schedule (within reason)
- Never miss the ship
- Pick up/drop off directly at your ship gangway
- A fun and informative private English speaking driver to lead you through the day
- Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped Mercedes Benz vehicle
- Free wi-fi and fresh bottled water on board
- All taxes, parking, tolls and gasoline
- No hidden costs
- Entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
- Gratuities (entirely at the client's discretion)
- The above itinerary is just an example and includes the highlights; please feel free to customize it to suit your travel needs, directly with your driver on the day. Being a private tour you will have the complete control of the day with the freedom to choose exactly what to do and see.
- Upon booking you can choose your own departure time. We advise to leave around 08.00 AM
- No charge or penalty for tours cancelled at least 7 days in advance
- 6 to 3 days prior - 50% of cost of service
- 48 hours or less or NO SHOW - full forfeiture
- No charge or penalty if your ship will not dock in port due to unforeseen circumstances (weather conditions, itinerary change, etc.)
Prices and availability
You can choose your departure time
Private tour for 1 - 2 people
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 1 - 2 people.from € 640,00
Private tour for 3 - 4 people
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 3 - 4 people.from € 700,00
Private tour for 5 - 6 people
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 5 - 6 people.from € 750,00
Private tour for 7 - 8 people
Price per party, not per person. Private tour for 7 - 8 people.from € 800,00