Rome, the Eternal City - Private Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia Port
A FIRST-CLASS AND WORRY-FREE EXCURSION TO SEE THE BEST HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ETERNAL CITY ROME
Enjoy a private shore excursion directly from your ship in Civitavecchia. Our expert and courteous, English-speaking driver will pick you up in a luxury vehicle and take you to visit the very best highlights of Rome. He will wait for you at the pre-arranged time right in front of your ship gangway holding a sign with your name on it.
Leaving the cruiser terminal in Civitavecchia, after approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes you will arrive directly in front of the Vatican Museums entrance. Explore the richest storehouse of art in the entire world: the Vatican Museum. Walk through the Tapestry and Geographical Map Galleries, the Candelabra Gallery and the magnificent Raphael Rooms that lead to the fifteenth century Sistine Chapel which holds an invaluable collection of masterpieces like the Michelangelo's ceiling painting of the "Creation of the World"
Then enter the vast expanse of St. Peters square through the Bernini's colonnades into Christendom's largest church resting on 800 pillars and 44 altars. See the gilded Papal Canopy suspended over the altar where the Pope celebrates mass, the splendid gilt and the bronze throne in the apse and one of the best known pieces of sculpture in the world - the Pietà, Michelangelo's masterpiece in marble.
TIP: To maximize your time we highly recommend buying in advance the skip the line tickets to avoid waiting in lines. If interested, ask us at the time of the booking. Keep also in mind that the Vatican Museums are closed on Sunday (except the last Sunday of the month). In this case the itinerary will be changed to meet your needs.
After you will continue by exploring the Rome of the Emperors, you will stop at the Roman Forum, the Colosseum and the Mouth of Truth. Then take a panoramic drive past the Circus Maximus, the Palatine Hill and the Baths of Caracalla. Stop for a visit at the Pantheon, the best conserved monument of Ancient Rome as well as the nearby Santa Maria Sopra Minerva housing Michelangelo's "Risen Christ".
Obviously your driver will suggest the best place to stop for lunch or a simple coffee shop (in case you want to save your time to visit more sites).
Continue with a stroll through Baroque and Renaissance Rome: from piazza Navona through the narrow streets of Antiques Row to Campo dei Fiori and Piazza Farnese. See Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, Capitol Hill and Piazza del Popolo. Stroll through the narrow streets admiring statues, fountains and discovering curiosities.
Don't forget that the city center of Rome is full of nice shops where you'll have the chance to buy souvenirs of the Eternal City.
At the end you will drive back to the Civitavecchia pier on perfect time to board your ship.
- Pick up/drop off directly at your ships gangway
- Extensive visit of Rome
- Possibility to adapt your schedule (within reason)
- Optional Skip The Line Tickets possible
- A fun and informative private English speaking driver to lead you through the day
- Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped Mercedes Benz vehicle
- All taxes, parking, tolls and gasoline
- No hidden costs
- Entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
- Gratuities (entirely at the client's discretion)
- The above itinerary is just an example and includes the highlights; please feel free to customize it to suit your travel needs, directly with your driver on the day. Being a private tour you will have the complete control of the day with the freedom to choose exactly what to do and see.
- Upon booking you can choose your own departure time. We advise to leave around 08.00 AM
OPTIONALS (IF INTERESTED)
- Skip the line tickets for the Colosseum
- Skip the line tickets for the Vatican Museums (closed on Sundays except the last Sunday of every month)
- Licensed guide at your disposal in Rome to give you more specific and detailed information of the city/museums/attractions