Jerez and Cadiz
A great way to make the most of your time by visiting two of the most ancient cities of Andalusia in one day: Jerez, the world capital of Sherry and Andalusian dancing horses and Cadiz, the oldest founded city in Western Europe.
Meet our local guide in front of the Tourist Office Canalejas, close to the port and embark your A/C minibus for a picturesque 40 mn ride to Jerez de la Frontera.
Your guide will point at Jerez de la Frontera popular squares and monuments and tell you about the fascinating Moorish past of this town on your panoramic tour from the comfort of your A/C minibus.
Then it is time to stretch your legs and start your walking tour. Jerez superb architectural style is renowned in Spain, and as you will stroll through the historical centre you will be able to marvel at some of its jewels such as the Alcazar (Moorish fortress) or some magnificent church or palaces like San Miguel church, the Domecq palace or the Cathedral of Jerez, a former Mosque.
Some free time will be given for entering the Alcazar, shopping or visiting one of the 36 cellars of Jerez where you could learn about the production of wine and sherry as well as tasting it.
Get back onboard and head back towards Cadiz. As you enter the 3000 years old city, you will go through the city walls that have protected the city for over 600 years before heading to La Caleta beach, a beautiful Phoenician port. On your way, the ruins of the 2nd biggest Roman Theatre await you as well as Santa Catalina and San Sebastian castles. Make sure to have your camera ready to capture the impressive facade of the Falla theatre, home of the biggest carnival in Spain.
Your walking tour will start in Spanish Square, a focal point for the Spanish constitution. The narrow streets of Cadiz as well as its charming balconies will enchant you as you explore Mina square, San Francisco square, the Flower Market and the multiple architectural styles of the Cathedral of Cadiz, a unique masterpiece.
There will be time for shopping before getting back to your ship after an exhilarating day.
- The Alcazar of Jerez
- The Cathedral of Jerez
- Plaza del Arenal
- San Miguel church and San Marcos Churches
- House of Cabildo
- Asunción square
- Casa Domecq
- Protecting walls of Puerta de Tierra
- Campo Sur and La Caleta beach
- Santa Catalina and San Sebastian castles
- Plaza España and Las Cortes monument
- San Francisco and Mina square
- Cathedral of Cadiz
- See all the highlights of Jerez and Cadiz in one day
- Enjoy the expertise of a local guide in a small group of 15 passengers maximum
- Explore two of the most important cities in Andalusia
- Coach tour
- Licensed guide
- Entrance fee to wine cellars
- Entrances to the monuments
- The tour starts at 09.00-10.00-10.30am or 13.00pm depending of the ship docking time
- Flat and comfortable shoes are recommended
- Hat and sunglasses in summer time
- Reduced price for children up to 12 years old
- Comfortable clothing and footwear are recommended as well as hat and sunglasses in summer
- The tour can be shorter depending on the ship docking time
Centro de recepción de turistas de Canalejas, Avenida del Puerto, Cadiz.