Cadiz shore excursion: the wonders of Seville
Make the most of your shore excursion time in Cadiz to visit Seville, one of the jewels in Europe. The Andalusian capital boasts amazing monuments such as the Cathedral, the Archive of the Indies and the Real Alcazar palace, all part of the World Heritage Sites of the UNESCO.
You will start your full day shore excursion by meeting your tour host close to the port of Cadiz. Board your A/C coach, sit back and relax during the 90 mn picturesque journey to Seville. While you are nearing the former Port of the Indies, listen to your host narating the eventful Andalusian history while olive, cotton and sunflower fields can be seen on the horizon.
Your scenic tour in Seville will start along the Avenidas de las Palmeras. Ride along the banks of the Guadalquivir river where the Bull ring of Seville (the biggest in Spain) the Golden Tower can be seen before stopping by Maria Luisa Park to visit Plaza España. Its grandeur is so spectacular that it has been used as the the set for various Hollywood productions.
Your visit continues with the Real Alcazar, a Moorish palace inside a fortress which is nowadays a Royal residence. This hour long visit will fly as you shift from the spectacular gardens, fountains, halls, patios and breathtaking tapisseries that decorate the whole palace.
Walk a further 200 metres to reach the third biggest cathedral in the world. Its Gothic golden interior and the detailed masterpiece design will amaze you. Enjoy the Patio de los Naranjos after visiting Christopher Columbus tomb.You can go up La Giralda tower, once a Moorish minaret and catch a bird view of the city.
Your official guide of Seville will take you through Santa Cruz district, right in the heart of the historical centre. The former Jewish Quarter, filled with cafes and taverns playing Flamenco, is a maze of charming narrow streets. See the places where were inspired operas plays like the Barber of Seville and marvel at the splendid white washed houses flanked by colourful balconies.
Depending on your ship docking hours, free time will be given for lunch and shopping before returning to your coach and head back towards Cadiz.
Before dropping you off at the port gate, a scenic tour of Cadiz will give you a glance of its hidden charms. Your coach will leave you in front of your ship at least an hour before its departure time. Please do not forget to mention the name of your cruise ship so we can bring you back on time.
- Small groups of 15 guests maximum
- Skip the line entries in the Real Alcazar, Giralda Tower and the Cathedral
- Oficial guide of Seville
- Perfect combination of scenic and walking tour
- Scenic tour of Cadiz on way back
- Pick up and drop off from Cadiz in A/C mini coach
- Tour host form Cadiz
- Licensed guide in Seville
- Skip the line entrance fees to Real Alcazar, Cathedral and Golden Tower
- Meals and refreshments
- The tour starts at 08.00-09.00-10.00-10.30am depending of the ship docking time
- Please note that the Cathedral is closed for visit on Sundays till 14.30pm.
- This shore excursion can be shorter depending on your ship departing time
- Please wear comfortable footwear and clothing. Hat and sunglasses are also recommended
- Reduced price for children up to 12 years old
Centro de recepción de turistas de Canalejas, Avenida del Puerto, Cadiz.