Cadiz shore excursion: the Secrets of Cadiz
Discover the oldest city in Europe, founded 3000 years ago during this comprehensive Cadiz Shore Excursion. Let yourself immerge in this ancient town shaped by narrow medieval streets, orange trees, beautiful squares and fountains, all surrounded by Moorish, Neo Classical and Barroque monuments.
Meet our local guide in front of the Centro de Recepción de turistas de Canalejas, close to the harbor. The first part of this guided shore excursion starts with a scenic tour of Cadiz from the comfort of your A/C minibus. Over the next two hours, you will discover the new town, before stopping to visit the city Protecting Walls of Puerta de Tierra (16th century).
Then your minicoach will drive you down to the colourful district of Campo Sur before stopping to admire the stunning view of La Caleta Beach, the former Phoenician port and enter Santa Catalina Castle, a military fortress.
Later you will carry on to the Falla Theatre, the centre of the biggest carnival in Spain before taking a stroll in Genoves Park, the biggest botanical garden in Cadiz. As you stop in at the gorgeous Iglesia San Carmen, you will have the chance to explore the most romantic promenade of Cadiz, the Alamada Apodaca built on the same architectural style than La Havana.
Your guide will introduce you to the history of the 1st Spanish Constitution and the major role played by Cadiz during Napoleon time in front of the impressive Constitution monument of Plaza España . Follow your licensed guide inside the heart of the historical centre where you will find thepicturesque Mina square (home of the 19th century bourgeoisie of Cadiz), San Francisco and San Antonio square. Stroll inside the typical narrow streets of Cadiz enchanted by stunning balconies, gorgeous Neo Classical houses and indoor Andalusian patios.
The Flower Market and the Central Market will give you an insight into the Andalusian everyday life and cuisine before heading to the Cathedral of Cadiz, a unique blend of Barroque, Rococco and Neo-Classical architecture. Your exhilarating visit will end after the visit of the Populo, the medieval quarter of the 13th century and the Roman Theatre.
As we explore the city, there will be time for refreshment breaks and tapas on request.
- See all Cadiz landmarks on this comprehensive tour
- Scenic tour with several stops and visits
- Small group limited to 15 passengers
- Excellent value for money
- Scenic and walking tour
- Licensed guide
- Entrance to all monuments listed
- Meal and refreshments
- Entry to Cathedral (optional)
- Cruise excursion starts at 09.00-10.00-10.30am or 13.00pm depending of your ship docking time
- Flat and comfortable shoes are recommended
- Hat and sunglasses in summer time are advised
- Some monuments might be closed on Sundays or Mondays
- There are 25 steps in Puerta de Tierra, flat surface for the rest of the tour
- Please note that our coach tour involves some light walking
- Reduced price for children up to 12 years old
Centro de recepción de turistas de Canalejas, Avenida del Puerto, Cadiz.